46

JIMIN POV

I tried so hard to avoid her. I can't even look at her without my heart tearing itself apart. When I walked past her this morning I thought I might die on the spot. And then I watched her as she walked to her desk with tears in her eyes. And by the dark circles under her eyes it seems she's been crying a lot. And not eating. She got skinnier.

I figured if I leave school at least during lunch, I won't run into her. But man was I wrong. The only person I saw outside of the damn place was none other than her. Although my heart was crying out for her, I tried to ignore it and move past.

And then she called my name with a broken voice. Even her voice is hoarse from the crying. I can't listen to this.

'There is not much to explain. You did exactly what you promised you would never do. It's very simple.'

'I know, but-'

'There is no buts, Yeona. How many times did you think I was gonna get over the same thing? There is only so much even my heart can take. Just... just let me be. Give me time.' I just need enough time to be able to look at her without breaking

'I love you, Jimin.'
Her eyes were so glossy even in this cold. I saw the tears leaving a little trail on her cheeks, and God how I wanted to run over and wipe them and tell I love her, too. But then I'd be back to square one. And I can't go with the whole Jungkook thing all over.

'Right words, wrong time.'

I turned and left as soon as I felt my voice giving out on me and choking me.

'Jimin, do you have a second?'

'You must be joking.' I sighed to myself when I heard Jungkook call my name as soon as I walked in. 'Not you of all people.' I tell him off

'No, seriously, you need to hear me out.'

'I'm like this close to beating the life out of you.' I squint at him

'Fine, I get it. Beat me up. Kill me for all I care, but you genuinely need to listen to me for a fucking minute. She loves you, you idiot!' He yelled at me, but his voice sounded strained

Thinking about it, he doesn't really look the best either. He looks like he's been through something himself.

'You are so damn stubborn.' He sighs. 'Meet me after school in front. I've got some things to tell you, and you need to hear them.'

I just nodded, and we both went out ways.

YEONA POV

I don't think I can do this. I can't go back to class. If I look at him, I will fall apart right then and there in front of everyone. I'm gonna go home. That's it.

I walked so slowly that a snail could have been faster. I went through the streets at such a pace that people kept saying I'm drunk on the side. I even got a few honks from the delivery people on motorbikes, beeping at me to move out of the way. But it won't make me move any faster. My legs are not working like I want them to.

I got to the crossroads, waiting for the green light which finally showed after a minute. I wouldn't notice it if other people around me haven't moved. I went at the pace I had the entire time. This crossroad has a long time on the cross. Or so I thought.

I heard a honking sound once, and figured I'd hurry a bit. But I guess he was a lot closer than I thought as the next honking sound came a bit too loud, getting muffled in my ears and mind.

I can't move. I feel the side of my body burning like it's on fire. My leg... I can't move my leg... everything is fuzzy... my head hurts...

'SOMEONE CALL AN AMBULANCE!'