11

I barely slept. The combination of waiting for him and crying my heart out didn't do much for me.

'How long have you waited for me?' Jungkook's voice in my ear made me jump. He snuck behind me, talking right into my ear

'I wasn't, Jay. I wouldn't have let you in anyway. I haven't even seen the messages until this morning.'

'It's cute that you're still trying to lie to me. I know you better than you think. I know every tell that gives you away.' He leaned in so close that I could feel his breath on my neck, that sent shivers down my spine. 'And I know how much you want me. I know every little way that gets your body heated up.'

'Jungkook-'

'Scuse me.' Jimin's voice made Jungkook pull back a bit, and he squeezed past him. 'Sorry to disturb.'

'Nothing to disturb. Perfect timing, actually.' Thank you, Jimin. You just saved me from a very uncomfortable situation

'Hey, I wasn't done talking.' Jungkook pulled me back a little as I tried to leave, making me raise my eyebrow at him

'You have class, don't you? I know I do. And I already did what I wanted. So, please.' I jerked my arm away, leaving him in front of the class

'You okay?' Jimin asks as I am passing him by

'Yeah. All good.' I smile brightly. I might have overdid it a bit on the smile, but he nodded without any added questions

I sat down and exhaled in relief that Jungkook wasn't hanging above my neck anymore. As much as I hate it, I still want to know why he didn't come as he said he would.

I was brought back to reality once Iyera slammed her backpack onto her desk with so much force that she moved the desk. She huffed as she sat down and crossed her arms as she scowled.

'What happened this time?' I whisper. She fought with Taehyung again

'Can you believe this guy?!' She growled, then exhaled as she turned to me. 'He was supposed to come over last night, but he found it more important to go and pick Jungkook up. I waited for hours, and he never came. And why? Because Jungkook was thinking with his dick once again. He had to go and fuck some girl God knows where, and then got stuck out there, so Taehyung ran over to him.'

I know she was too angry to think about what she's telling me, but she quickly realised what she said once she looked at me.

She covered her mouth with both her hands in shock. 'I'm so sorry, Ye. I didn't-'

'Don't stress it, Iyera.' I smile. 'You didn't do anything wrong, and it's not my business what he does.' Don't cry. Not here. Don't break down here.

That's why he didn't come. He was with someone else. Of course he did. What did I expect? I don't even have the right to be mad about it. We're not together. But it doesn't make it easier in my heart.

'I'm sorry, Ye. I know that's not what you want to hear. But it's months. He is moving on. You should, too.' She takes my hand, squeezing it

'Nah, I don't really care.' I chuckle

Taehyung walked in, looking directly at Iyera. He sighed deeply, sitting down. He turned to Iyera, but she was a petty shit and pretended not to notice him.

I saw Jimin turning towards us in the corner of my eye, so I looked at him. He motioned at the two of them, asking what's wrong.

I just motioned a knife stab to let him know they're fighting. He chuckled a bit, nodding, then turning back to look at the front, still smiling.
Seeing him smile made me feel a bit better. He's got an adorable eye smile.

Lunch time came faster than I thought it would, so we gathered at the same table as we always do. Except Jungkook decided to join, sitting across from me, next to Tae.

'Thanks for last night. I have no idea how I'd get home.' He speaks to Tae

'Anytime, bro.' Tae smiles at him, but Iyera huffed out, smacking around her plate

I was trying to stay normal, not show that it's bothering me, but now that she told me what happened, I can't stop trying to figure out if it's true or not.

I didn't need to think that far, as there was a little purple bruise just barely peeking from under the collar of his shirt. It's a hickey, 100%.

I couldn't eat as it is, but this just killed my appetite completely.

Jimin nudged me a bit, making me look at him.
'Are you okay?' He whispered

'Mhm.' I smile. 'Just feeling a bit under the weather.'

'Wanna get out of here?' He whispers again

That might be a good idea. He's not hungry either it seems. He barely touched his food. And I can't be at the same table as Jungkook.

I just nodded at him.

He got up, offering me his hand to hold. 'Just don't smack your knee again.'

'I'll do my best.' I chuckle, then grimace as I clip my foot on the bottom of the chair

'I did say don't hit your knee. I guess I forgot to mention the rest of your leg.' He laughs

'Where are you two going?' Iyera asks

'Don't know. We'll see.' Jimin answers, smiling at her. 'Let's go.'

I felt 3 pairs of eyes staring at my back as I walked out with Jimin. I felt so much relief once we were not there anymore.

'That atmosphere was not fun.' Jimin sighs

'Couldn't agree more.'

'Hey, do you wanna ditch the rest of the day?' He asks

'Huh? Seriously?' I haven't done that in ages

'Come on. The day is beautiful and we have nothing else to do. And I don't think you wanna stay around.... them.' He paused a bit, but I know what he meant

'You know what? You're right. Lead the way.'

'Yay!' He giggles. 'I know a place. Come on.'