CHAPTER THIRTY FOUR

Hey guys just a reminder...Don't forget to vote and comment 😊😊. Love you all ❤️❤️.

                                 ****                                            I'm summoned to the throne room. Upon arrival, I find him discussing with Orion and two people I had never seen be, a man and a woman.

"Uhh...here she is," the king begins, "Deirdre, meet Lufian and his apprentice Noor." The two make slight bows. I bow my head in response my attention back to his majesty. "He is known to be the best dancer in all kingdoms. He's here to prepare you for your official dance after the marriage ceremony."

"My Lord, can't we do the saltarello everyone knows it," I suggest.

"It will be there but after that dance, the newly married couple must perform their dance the Waltz." I wasn't looking forward to this. Now I get to spend my time with him. I bow in acceptance then watch the king exit the room. Lufian and Noor get busy with a demonstration as a servant plays some music. As I observe them hop and twirl, my eyes grow wide in shock at the torture I was about to face.

"My lady," Lufian says.

"Deidre... address me so, no need to be formal," the man glances at Orion as if asking for his permission, "I insist," I add.

"Very well, please join us, both of you," He requests, "sire, I'm sure you are aware of this dance."

"Indeed,' Orion answers. He slithers his hand around my lower back making me catch my breath and swallow hard, my eyes travelling up to meet his gaze. For a moment the world stopped around us and I felt butterflies build up in my stomach.

"Swing!" Lufian said in a draggy teasing tone jerking me back from fantasy lands. I give him a second glance grinning in embarrassment. This was the connection I wanted with Reeve, the desire that burnt from deep inside my very core. I genuinely adored Reeve or maybe because I was still getting to know him. There was nothing much to him he was an open book compared to Orion whom I knew so little about.

"sorry!" I say in a low tone barely heard by anyone. I watch him and Noor and follow on. The first part was easy till we got to the part where I had to hop and let Orion lift me, I just couldn't get it right I was either stepping on his foot or missing the steps. Orion would scold me for the pain inflicted on his poor toes till could not take it and called it quits, enough for the day. We still had enough time to practice before our wedding.

Later on, I met Reeve at the spot we had agreed on. He gave a warm smile once he was aware of my presence. I strode over to him pulling my horse by its reins. I would give anything to wake up to such a smile. We headed out of the kingdom, strolling for a moment before he climbed onto the horse, stretching his hand out to me simultaneously. My eyes traveled from his fingers up his arm to his face. Excitedly I took hold of it and had me climb behind him. My arms automatically wrapped around his torso. I thought I heard him tense under my touch but he brushed it off, all I heard was him clearing his throat. I could feel his body expand and contract as he inhaled and exhaled when I laid my head on his back. As the horse trotted on he began a conversation. All I wanted was for him to go on talking and I would listen.

"Where are going to?" I asked once he diverted from the main road to his right.

"I won't tell but am sure you will love it," was all he said his voice vibrating a million times again in his chest. My instincts trusted him. No matter how dangerous trusting a stranger was. Wait he wasn't a stranger right? I know him ... well....the woods grew closer altogether as we rode deeper and deeper opting for us to get off the horse. From a distance, I could see an arcade formed from trees making an entrance to what seemed like a doorway to another world. My amazement got me leaving Reeve behind rushing ahead to the view. I stood on a cliff that overlooked the horizon. I could see a village settled in the middle of a wide forest. I sat down and let my feet dangle free. Reeve will join me shortly.