|68| Celebrations

Everything was very suspicious. Where are they?!

Hange was staring at some random spot in some random wall. The celebrations after the Queen's coronation had just begun. It was night now and the orchestra was playing dances and waltzes. There was plenty of food being served and most importantly, ale. All the Scout and Garrison officers were wasted already, not to mention the people that stormed the capital just to celebrate. It didn't seem like anybody would be going home tonight. Couples were dancing, people were laughing, and chatting, and drinking, and eating.

It was a continuous buzz of laughter accompanied with music, but Hange had yet to finish her first bottle of ale. She was thinking.

Where... the hell are they?!

Nobody had seen Erwin and Nathalie since the beginning of the day. As a matter of fact, she was the last one to see them the very same morning when they took a different turn on their way to the palace. It was very, very suspicious. All the commanders were supposed to be present during the Queen's coronation, yet Erwin had the balls to ignore that.

Well, everybody knew Erwin had the balls to ignore God himself – if there was one. Nothing could stop this man from getting something that he had set his eyes on. Erwin and Nathalie were up to something. It couldn't be just a simple hook up. It wouldn't last this many hours... right?

"Section Commander?! I thought you'd be wasted by now!" Moblit approached from behind with his own third bottle of beer, but still completely – ­regrettably – sobber.

"Can't drink. Can't think when drunk. I've been thinking," Hange continued staring intensely at that particular wall. She wasn't even turned at the couples that were dancing nearby to the music.

Moblit arched an eyebrow. "You're always thinking,"

"That's what makes me different from most people," Hange smirked.

He sighed and stood beside her, but he turned to watch the couples dance. After a few sips of beer he finally asked. "A penny for your thoughts?"

"WHERE ARE THEY?!" Hange finally burst out and Moblit arched an eyebrow.

"Who?"

"ERWIN AND NAT DAMMIT!"

"OH!"

Honestly, he had no idea. He hadn't seen them since the same morning.

"Well, they're probably in some back alley having fun," Moblit grinned mischievously but Hange finally turned her attention at him.

"All these hours?!"

"Well, that's Commander Erwin Smith we're talking about," Moblit shrugged and took another sip from his beer.

Hange sighed. "I know. Lucky girl,"

Moblit nearly spat out his beer, but managed to swallow it just in time. He turned and looked at her in disbelief. "WHAT'S THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN?!" He couldn't believe he had just said this.

"WHAT?!" Hange cried out. "He's hot. Everybody thinks so. I think I caught a bunch of cadets talking about how much they wanted to jump his bones,"

"And you're telling me you want to... too!?"

Hange grinned in amusement. "Is that jealousy, Mobby?"

His cheeks grew a bright red right away. "OF COURSE, NOT! I'm just... concerned..."

"Concerned that I might want someone else other than you?"

"WHAT?! WE'RE NOT EVEN TOGETHER!"

"YET!"