Chapter 22

PLEASE LEAVE A VOTE!

🤎🤎🤎🤎🤎🤎

"𝕺𝖚𝖙 𝖔𝖋 𝖍𝖊𝖗𝖊, quickly." Severus said, grabbing Malfoy roughly, forcing him down the steps, not looking back. The other Death Eaters followed. Harry threw aside the Invisibility cloak and I emerged from my hiding place, turning human and grabbing my wand, following on Harry's heels.

"Petrificus Totalus!"

The Death Eater buckled and fell to the ground. Harry and I clambered over him and continued to run down the dark staircase.

I heard Severus roar, "It's over, time to go!"

Harry plunged after them, I was going to follow except one of the fighters threw themselves at me, landing on me. I was looking at Severus, watching his eyes widen in fear and terror before smelling the blood and realizing that Greyback was the one on me.

He threw his head back getting ready to bit me and I reached up, abandoning my wand on the floor and elbowed him in the face. He reeled back, keeping a hold on me. A spell came out of nowhere, Severus' wand raised. Greyback flew backwards from me and I got to my feet my wand out.

"Hurry up!" Severus called, "Don't waste time on her."

But Greyback seemed in no mood to be listening to Severus. He lunged at me again, and I dodged out of the way and did the only thing I could do, I ran towards Severus.

Harry had nearly caught up to Severus and Severus turned, following Draco. Ginny was fighting Amycus. Harry stunned Amycus. I ran past Ron, Professor McGonagall, Dad, Ernie, and Terry. Dad's eyes were on me, falling behind to see Greyback was chasing me before ducking a spell that nearly killed him.

Tonks was fighting too.

"Harry, where did you come from?" Ginny asked but Harry avoided her.

"Take that!" Professor McGonagall shouted.

I stumbled, nearly falling, feeling nails scrap my back, and wished I could find the time to turn and hex him.

"Elizabeth! LEAVE HER ALONE!" Dad's voice was hoarse but no spells stopped Greyback from coming after me and I continued to run.

I found myself separated from Harry. I could hear Greyback on my tail and I leaped, unthinkably, from the Great Marble staircase. If I could even land it, it was about ten feet. I'd be lucky if I didn't break something.

Greyback on the other hand, was running three steps at a time. I landed, crouching, hitting my knee against the marble and continued to limp sprint towards the Entrance Hall. I could hear fighting and realized that the others must've met the Death Eaters and were now fighting.

I entered, seeing Padma dueling one of the Death Eaters. Bellatrix Lestrange was dueling Dean, Justin, and Seamus simultaneously. Her eyes lit on me and became excited. What was it with these stupid Death Eater's obsession with me?

Hannah threw a spell towards me and I ducked so that the spell hit Greyback in the face. He groaned, falling down the last few steps and I finally was able to turn and pull my wand on him.

Severus and Malfoy ran past. "Let's go! It's over!" He shouted again. Bellatrix sent out a spell. Dean, Justin, and Seamus all flew backwards, crashing into students and Death Eaters alike. The Death Eaters were up, following Severus out the door. Greyback too, though he was quite reluctant.

"Is everyone alright?" I asked as people picked themselves up off the floor.

"Yes." Justin said, looking around.