Chapter 11

Tap that star in the corner and leave a vote! :)

🤎🤎🤎🤎🤎🤎

"𝖂𝖊'𝖗𝖊 𝖌𝖔𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖙𝖔 the Burrow for Christmas?" I asked, a bit put out with dad. "Why?"

Dad looked at me curiously and said, "Molly invited me to stay for a couple of days. She thought you were going to be staying at Hogwarts this Christmas since that was Trang's plans. It's a bit late to say no now. And besides," he tacked on, "I thought you'd like this turn of events."

I sighed. "Nothing against the Weasleys or Harry. I just really didn't want to hang out with Ron this Christmas that's all. But I'll go and I'll stay with Ginny and Fleur and it'll be fine, dad. Besides, this is what you want and I'm okay with that." I smiled over my tea and immediately dropped the smile when he returned to his newspaper.

I watched him anxiously, searching inside of me to see whether or not I had the guts to tell dad that I was pregnant. I'd told Trang that I'd wanted to wait until we were past the miscarrying stage. But now that I was actually sitting here, face to face with him, it was hard to keep the secret inside of me. And the fact remained- I didn't want to keep it a secret. Not from my father.

I got up from the table slowly and headed upstairs for my room. I hadn't stayed here in a long time. Neither had dad. He'd only come back because of Christmas and my arrival. There was dust covering everything, almost as though it was a ghost house.

I picked up a picture frame off the desk and blew dust off of it. I'd framed a picture of mum and dad amongst other pictures. Mum smiled up at me and dad winked. I wondered what dad-James- would've thought if he knew I was having the baby of the man he had hated the most. I wondered how he would have reacted.

Then again, I doubted that I would even have been attracted to Severus if my parents were alive. I would've grown up, knowing dad hated him, perhaps hating him myself.

I wondered what mum would've thought. She'd liked Severus, they'd been friends even before school. Had she loved him?

But that question made me think of all of things that were going on in my life so I shut them down. I set the picture frame back on the desk.

I pulled the comforter off the bed to shake it out in the garden to rid it of the dust. I'd have used my wand, but I didn't quite feel up to magic which was weird.

Severus is much older than you.

I gathered the comforter in my arms and started walking down the stairs.

Much older.

I opened the back door and stepped out into the freezing garden.

Same age as both your dads.

I let go of the comforter, shaking off the dust. The wind was starting to bite into my cheeks.

I mean really. What were you thinking, marrying a man twice your age?

I closed the door behind me, carrying the comforter up the stairs. I placed it back over the bed. I headed to the trunk to start unpacking my things.

He was in love with your mum. I mean really?

"Shut up." I muttered aloud, tossing my art pad onto my bed.

I mean your mum and him could've gotten married and had you. Do you know how weird that is?

I ignored the stupid voice in the back of my head by putting a Beatles record on the phonograph. Dad had gotten it for me when I became a music fan many Christmases ago. Of course, it wasn't one of the really really old ones with the tube or whatever protruding from the box.