Chapter 15

Tap that little star and leave a vote!

🤎🤎🤎🤎🤎🤎

"𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝖉𝖎𝖉 𝖞𝖔𝖚 and Dumbledore argue about?" I demanded as I got ready for the day. Severus yawned, running a hand through his unkempt hair and waved his wand so that the shades opened, light streaming into the windows.

I slipped out of bed, stretching. Severus' shirt was very warm and I didn't feel like getting out of it.

"It was nothing." Severus said, throwing his nightgown into his wardrobe and pulling on his uniform black robes. My eyes flicked from his body to my bag where my secret drawing was being kept.

"Uh huh." I said, unconvinced.

"Don't you already know anyways?" Severus asked, disgruntled.

"No." I replied honestly. "Well, I know that you argued about Dumbledore taking too much for granted and also not wanting to do something anymore."

"I don't want to kill him." Severus said.

"You want Draco to kill him?" I asked in slight disbelief. "You know Dumbledore is trying to save Draco's soul."

"And what about my soul?" Severus asked fiercely. "Apparently it means nothing to Dumbledore!"

I sucked in my cheeks. I shouldn't have asked. I should've let it stay between Dumbledore and Severus. Why had I intervened?

I turned away, grabbing my bag, switching out Friday's books with Monday's books. I hated that it was going to be so cold during Care of Magical Creatures class. But I couldn't skip, not with me being the only student in the class.

I heard Severus grumbling behind me and I said, "I think all this business about souls is stupid."

He didn't answer,

"Your killing him out of mercy." I replied. "And to show your last act of loyalty. That you were always Dumbledore's and never Vol-"

"Don't say his name Elizabeth." Severus said sharply.

Now I said nothing.

Severus sighed, sounding frustrated and knelt behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist, "Sorry." he muttered.

"You should be used to it." I muttered, "Dumbledore uses his name."

"Dumbledore is a great wizard." Severus argued, "The only one the Dark Lord fears."

"Well what would you want me to call him?" I said, very close to snapping at him as I stood up, hoisting the bag onto my shoulder.

"Anything else." Severus said.

I tried not to grin as I turned around, picking up my quill and said, "Then the last act of loyalty is killing Dumbledore, showing that you were always Dumbledore's and never anything else's."

There was a bit of awkward silence and I figured I was going to leave now when Severus grabbed me by the shoulders, spinning me around, and kissing me fiercely, "Smartass." He whispered through our lips, moving one hand down to my ass to smack it lightly.

I laughed lightly, kissing him back hungrily. I'd always thought that being in love, you eventually got tired of each others' presence. Perhaps we just hadn't been together long enough. Either way, I was going to savor every moment I was with him. He pulled away and said, "Also, that's my shirt you're wearing."

"And you're not getting it back." I teased as I pulled it off so I could get dressed in my Hogwarts robes.

"Looks better on you anyways." He said, pulling me back towards the bed.