Chapter 12

PLEASE LEAVE A VOTE! TAP THAT LITTLE STAR! :) 

🤎🤎🤎🤎🤎🤎

𝕴 𝖜𝖔𝖐𝖊 𝖚𝖕 because Ginny hit me in the face with a pillow, screaming Merry Christmas. I rolled over, falling onto the floor because I'd forgotten that I was sleeping on a cot.

I groaned, sitting up and rubbing my eyes. "Why'd you wake me up?" I complained.

"Because it's Christmas and we have presents!" Ginny said enthusiastically. I quickly got up off the floor, hoping my fall hadn't damaged the baby inside of me. My baby girl.

I could imagine her too. Black hair, alabaster skin, red lips. Something like Snow White really. I just didn't have a name for her yet. However, naming my child Snow White wasn't particularly appealing.

I grabbed a present from the end of my bed. Muggles left their gifts under Christmas trees. Wizards left them at the foot of the bed. Somehow, the Muggle way seemed to be more romantic.

Mrs. Weasley's present was the one that I had grabbed which contained a Weasley sweater and hot fudge cakes. Dessert wasn't necessarily good for the baby but since I'd been putting off dessert for way to long, I felt that this was an okay break.

The twins had sent me supplies from their shop and Fred had included his yearly charm. This one was a crown. I stared at it for a long time before adding it to my bracelet. Perhaps he had just seen my artwork. . . but surely not? This had to be a coincidence, but why was he giving me a crown?

Hermione had sent me books on mythical creatures. Ginny had given me a magical art set that I was going to start using very soon. I hadn't even known there were magical art sets.

Harry had gotten me chocolate, my favorite flavor from Honeydukes. Ron hadn't gotten me anything and I was glad because I hadn't given him anything and would probably have felt guilty if he had.

Dad had given me four books. It seemed to be something of a tradition to do this: A Game of Thrones, The Notebook, Into the Wild, and Realms of Tolkien: Images of Middle-Earth.

I was quite excited for Realms of Tolkien because it was the newest book in the Lord of the Rings series which happened to be one of my favorite series. Of course, it wouldn't actually have anything to do with the characters, but despite that, it was still part of one of my favorite fictional worlds.

Hagrid had sent another statuette, this one was an Acromantula. It wasn't my favorite statuette that he'd given me, but I knew why large, giant, man-eating spiders were on his mind. Aragog was sick, he was going to die. I couldn't wait for him to die either. I hoped all of his children burned in hell. But I wasn't going to tell Hagrid that.

I set the other three books aside and then got dressed and went downstairs where, to our surprise, Tonks had joined us. Well! I certainly hadn't foreseen this.

"Tonks!" I exclaimed, giving her a hug. I noticed that it was just her, Ginny, Fleur, Bill, and I in the kitchen. "I didn't think you were going to come!"

Tonks gave me a small smile. "It's only today. I thought that I should spend Christmas with you guys."

I gave her a huge smile, an encouraging one. Of course, once I traipsed to the living room, I was immediately confused. What had caused Tonks to change her mind? Tonks was supposed to have been part of Christmas lunch conversation. About her patronus changing and her clumsy nature.

I had the living room to myself and I spread all my drawings out on the floor, seeing if there was some sort of connection. I wasn't sure why I was so obsessed with these drawings. Perhaps it was because I loved reading and I wanted to know for certain that this was a real place or not.