Chapter 1

Please leave a vote!

🤎🤎🤎🤎🤎🤎

𝕴 𝖜𝖆𝖘 𝖜𝖆𝖘𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖌 the dishes while I listened to Dad and Trang in the living room. Dad was trying to catch Trang up to the spells she needed to know between her first and sixth year for Charms, Transfiguration, and Defense Against the Dark Arts.

It was a nice surprise that Dumbledore had let Trang come to Hogwarts though she was five years late, now six, and even more of a surprise that her parents had finally given in, considering they were the ones who stopped her from going in the first place.

'Dumbledore is the only Professor who would've done so' Dad had said when we'd arrived home from the train a few weeks ago, talking about Trang. 'He let me come to Hogwarts when no other Professor would'.

Dad, being a werewolf, would normally not have been allowed near children or any people for that matter. However, Dumbledore had great faith in him and had made the necessary precautions so that he could attend.

In order to catch Trang up so that she could come in as a 'third-year', Dad was teaching her a number of spells and making sure she could actually do them and also giving her lessons in Potions, Herbology, and Astronomy. Being a third-year, she could take two electives and she'd chosen Care of Magical Creatures and Ancient Runes.

As I was going to be a sixth-year this year, I'd had to change my classes to only the necessities. So, I was taking Herbology, Potions, Transfiguration, and Charms. Those were my necessary classes. I'd thankfully dropped Astronomy- the bane of my existence- and also History of Magic. However, I'd made a difficult decision where I had to choose between Divination, Ancient Runes, Magical Theory, and Care of Magical Creatures.

I'd dropped Divination and then decided that it didn't matter about choosing between Ancient Runes, Magical Theory, and Care of Magical Creatures because I had my time-turner. So I still had a schedule that didn't match that of other students.

Trang had wanted to take every class, but we'd smashed the time-turner cabinet at the Ministry last summer. . . but I wasn't going to think about the Ministry.

I couldn't even be mad at Severus for what he'd said to Bellatrix because I knew he had to keep up pretenses and if he was going to congratulate Bellatrix on killing Sirius. . . but I wasn't going to think about the Ministry.

And of course, it wasn't my fault that Sirius had died, something I'd finally come to terms with. I'd gone to save Trang and I couldn't hate myself for that. And Hagrid was right, Sirius wanted to go out fighting. That was the way anyone wanted to die. If I wanted to die, I would've done it by fighting. That or jumping in front of someone I loved. But I hadn't jumped in front of Sirius, had I? BUT I WASN'T GOING TO THINK ABOUT THE MINISTRY!

I sobbed, breaking a dish as I dropped it into the sink, and pressed a hand to my mouth. The voices went quiet in the living room and I quickly repaired the dish with my wand and then washed it again, setting it aside. Tears were flowing down my face and I couldn't wipe them away because I didn't want to get soap in my eyes.

I heard footsteps in the kitchen and I closed my eyes, hoping dad wasn't going to try and get me to talk to him or something.

But he wrapped his arms around me and whispered, "I'm sorry."

Yes, because it was his fault now, was it? Of course not! Why did people always apologize for things that weren't their fault! Was it really a way to express sympathy, or a way to get sympathy! Well, if anything, it was maddening and a pet peeve of mine, which he fully knew.

"It's fine." I said softly. "I just need to stop thinking about him- it."

"There's nothing wrong with grief." He said softly.