Chapter 5

PLEASE VOTE!

🤎🤎🤎🤎🤎🤎

𝕴 𝖍𝖊𝖆𝖉𝖊𝖉 𝖉𝖔𝖜𝖓 to the Great Hall the next morning in better spirits and sat down at the Hufflepuff table.

Professor Sprout was going through the sixth years, helping them figure out schedules and I ate a chocolate chip muffin while I waited. When she finally got to me, I knew there was going to be a problem because of the look on her face.

"Miss Kane, while I love your ambition to attempt to take all these classes, Care of Magical Creatures and Ancient Runes clash times on multiple days. I-"

"I still have my Time-turner," I interrupted in a soft voice, "I was going to use that."

"Oh, well of course!" Professor Sprout said brightly. "Forgive me, I forgot."

"It's no worries." I said, waving a hand. "I didn't have to use it last year except for a few times so it's natural to have forgotten about it."

Professor Sprout fixed my schedule with a tap of my wand and I got up, joining Hermione on her way to Ancient Runes.

Now that we were in sixth year, all students who were continuing into a class were mixed in together no matter the house and so, there were more students to talk to though the Gryffindors and Slytherins exercised great caution not to even look at each other.

After Ancient Runes, I slipped into the bathroom so that I could do the time-turner back an hour and took a different route to Care of Magical Creatures, avoiding the Great Hall.

Much to my dismay, I was the only student there. I sighed, a feeling of dread growing in my stomach as I sat down on a stump.

Hagrid came out of his cabin a few minutes before class, looking around and looking very upset. "Oh, hello Elizabeth!" He said as I stood up, "Where are teh other students?"

I opened my mouth and then closed it, unable to answer him and then said, "Er, I don't think there. . . are any other students." I finished weakly as Hagrid's door closed behind him.

I sighed and treaded up to the door and knocked on it. "Hagrid, c'mon, let me in."

When he didn't answer, I pulled on the door and let myself in. Hagrid was sitting at a table in the corner, staring moodily at a large bucket of white grubs.

"Hagrid." I said softly, sitting across from him and putting a hand on his large one. "Don't be upset, please?"

"I guess Harry, Hermione, and Ron couldn' come ter class then?" He asked and I realized he wasn't upset that I was the only student, he was upset that there weren't three other students sitting beside me.

"Hermione has Ancient Runes at the same time as this class." I said, covering up the fact that I too, had Ancient Runes. I had no excuses for Harry and Ron though and simply said, "Harry and Ron couldn't fit it into their schedules either and it took a lot of convincing to get Care of Magical Creatures into my schedule in the first place."

Hagrid sighed, looking at the giant grubs.

"I'm sorry about Aragog." I said in quiet voice, not sorry at all. I couldn't wait for him to die and I wished all his sons and daughters followed after him in a quick death too.

"Thanks Elizabeth." He said in a hoarse voice.

"So er- what lesson did you have planned today?" I asked hesitantly, not entirely sure I wanted to be the only student to face Hagrid's dangerous creatures.

"Was going ter cover Phoenixes." Hagrid said, looking out the window. "Dumbledore was going ter let meh borrow Fawkes for a class."

"That's a lovely idea." I said, feeling very relieved, "Come on Hagrid, I'll pay attention, I promise."