Chapter 53 - Music On The Piano (18+)

Start from the beginning

"Something wrong?" Ash asked, eyes reading her.

Serena blinked, surprised he noticed her staring. "No, why do you ask?"

"You were looking at me like something was up."

"It's nothing. I'm sorry." She brushed it aside. It wasn't the time to be asking him such things. She should enjoy this now and decide on it later.

"If you say so." Ash grinned, but the unsureness in her eyes wasn't lost on him, which made him frown. He moved closer to tuck a loose strand of wavy hair behind her ears. "Lets do our best."

Serena nodded as she stared up on him with a light blush coating her face. She walked to the piano to start the music, then moved to the middle to stand with him.

Ash was undoubtedly handsome when he danced. His muscular form at the perfect angle and his back curved upwards. Despite being a basketball player, she couldn't help but think his body was built for this. His eyes were sharp and focused, and it was hard not to be entranced, seeing at how intense he was about this.

"You know, Ash... You do look professional now." Serena said, draping her hand over his shoulder. She ran her fingers along his arm and slowly laced their hands together. "You have the shoes and the look. You're even wearing better pants."

Ash held her hand in his. "I told you I'm taking this seriously."

Serena smiled. "I know."

They began to run the routine a few times and Serena got Ash to go a bit faster. His steps weren't as sloppy as they were before, but there were a few places where he dragged his feet and she pulled them along.

He stomped his foot onto the ground. "Damn, the music makes this faster."

"I'm sorry. I know I'm pushing you." Serena said, feeling the guilt creeping up. "You were doing so great taking the lead with Drew and I'm honestly ruining it."

"Don't apologize. We're doing it again."

Ash walked back to the middle of the room, wiping his forehead with his shirt. She caught a glimpse of his abs and she toyed with her hands to distract herself. God, he looked good. Too damn good.

Right. She was focused.

They moved through the routine again. This time, he moved faster. Almost too fast, causing her to stumble into one of the poses.

"Okay, hold on." Serena gripped his shoulder, her fingers sliding down his arm. "You're moving too fast. Split the difference."

Ash grunted, getting a little flustered. "Alright"

The two of them moved back to the center of the floor and Serena went to turn on her phone again, starting over. This time, Ash moved with more ease. Perhaps letting him go too fast was what he needed. He was still a little slow through the step sequences and occasionally, he dipped into the poses too fast, but it was getting smoother.

"See," Serena said, breathing deeply. "The more we do it, the easier it will get."

"The music complicates things." Ash wiped the side of his face and Serena silently cursed him because he was too attractive when he did that. He really needed to stop.

"Well, it would be boring if we didn't have music." Serena said, making her way over to the piano. She leaned over to grab her phone and turned it off.

"Guess so." Ash sighed, walking towards her. He placed both hands on either side of her and pinned her to the piano. "But there are plenty of things that work without music."

His lips pulled into a smirk and she swallowed. She had been shamelessly staring at him all night and suddenly she believed that he managed to notice.

"Oh?" Serena's eyes narrowed on him. "Are you going to... show me one of those things?"