33

Seokjin's pov:

'Is he trying to cut ties with his only disciple?'

I was stunned by my father's shocking words, unable to believe that he would ruin their precious relationship just because of me.

Jungkook looked unbothered as if he had expected this reaction from my father. He spoke, "That's what I want as well."

After watching the two clash for a while, I became confused. 'Why are they fighting all of a sudden? And to sever ties with each other completely...'
I was puzzled about what I should do because I hadn't expected this.

At that moment, Jungkook turned to me and said, "Let's go, Seokjin."

It seemed like he was fully immersed with mastering the techniques of method acting. When we reached the door, I became conscious of what I was doing. 'No matter how I look at it, this situation is like...an elopement, isn't it?'

Although an elopement sounded nice, Jungkook was a poor, homeless man. My original plan was to show my father that we were in a relationship so he wouldn't marry me off. I thought it would work because my father cared a lot about his disciple, but he showed strong opposition against our relationship completely ruining my plans.

I had thought about running away at one point, that was only for the worst case scenario. My ultimate goal was to inherit my father's money and become so rich that I wouldn't have to lift a finger. If I left with Jungkook like this, I wouldn't even be able to get my valuables and my father would only drag me back...which was the last thing I wanted.

"Hey, I - "

I tried to stop Jungkook, but my father's voice interrupted me.

"Stop."

I flinched upon hearing his cold voice, which sounded like it was warning us. 'Oh, he's probably angry.' I thought to myself.

"I said stop." My father walked towards us and blocked our way.

If we didn't listen to him this time, I had a feeling that I would become my father's enemy as well.

I attempted to stop Jungkook again. "Jungkook, wait a minute -"

But he interrupted me and said, "Don't order me around."

'Wait, this isn't right.'

I hardened my expression. No matter how grim my relationship with my father was, he was still my only family. It wasn't pleasant to have someone be so rude to him. I looked back at my father, who looked enrage. 'I'll be in trouble if I don't say anything now.'

When my father clenched his fists, I called out to him urgently.

"Father!"

His enrage gaze, which had been directed at Jungkook, turned to me.

"I'll take care of it." I said.

Although I knew he thought of me as an unreliable person, I desperately hoped that he would trust me this time. I couldn't bear to say any more and gazed at him earnestly instead. Whether he had seen through my silent prayers or decided to give up on his good-for-nothing son. He sighed and made way for us.

Jungkook passed by him, probably thinking I had taken his side. When we left the drawing room and passed through a quiet hallway, there was no one nearby.

I grabbed Jungkook's shirt. "Please let me go for a second. I have something to say, Jungkook."

He frowned as if to protest, but I looked at him in the eyes.

Father, I don't want to get Married  | Jinkookजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें