Lore behind the Nekos

A/n: Hey readers, so I wanted to try something new and tried writing lore behind this story. Let me know what you think and how I can improve this new type of writing I want to try. Other then that this will be the last tid bit of the RWBY story. Also @19dklinehelped me write this so thanks to my partner for helping out.

Long ago, in a world not so different from ours, the race of neko's lived to help both the Faunas and humans. The nekos were known for their skills when it came to combat with Silver eyed warriors. Nekos were gifted with a unique ability to be given the power of a silver-eyed warrior if they were close. Many nekos lived their lives in solitude, since the creatures of grimm hunted them down. They are masters of stealth and tend to fight from the shadows as a better chance of not being spotted. They are known as deities to the faunus due to not only having both traits but also because of their abilities. The only downside about the Neko race is despite their superior combat abilities they can't take hits too well. The Neko race was created by a third goddess that was the lost sister to the brothers who's name was Miyuki Tempest. She is known as the lost sister because her brothers were not fond of her getting too attached to her creations and thus she had to make a choice. Either never see her creations or lower herself to a mortal being. So Miyuki gave up her powers and immortality to spend the rest of her now limited life with her creations and taught them to value what they have in life before it's gone.

As time went on Miyuki watched as more and more of her creations died to the grimms that were hunting them down. Some nekos managed to join with some of the silver eyed warriors and took down hundreds of grimm, but since they were a powerful force together the grimm started targeting them in hordes. Once the god brothers left the world Miyuki tried to bring the world together to have peace, but she couldn't do it. Miyuki continued working with her creations to protect others but one day when she was working with some of the nekos and silver eyed warriors they were ambushed. Miyuki ended up dying along with most of the neko race, however a few survived and went into hiding. The ones who survived and had kids ended up trading their children for safety from Salem only to be met with death themselves by the same hands that they asked for safety from.

Once Miyuki died she reunited with her brothers in a spirit form. She pleaded with them for one thing. She begged them to spare her creations and they caved and agreed to help spare them, but the only way they could was by giving nekos a rare chance to be born from any race. Nekos were made to be the only race that has multiple animal features. Miyuki thanked her brothers for helping spare her creations before they offered her the chance to watch over them, but only as a spirit. Miyuki accepted their offer and she was placed as an observer over the world of Remnant. Hundreds of years went by and she continued watching as Salem hunted down each and every neko that was born. Eventually she saw one that was born into a horrible family that mistreated and abused her precious creation. She wanted to intervene and save her creation, but she knew that she wouldn't be able to since she was placed in the role of an observer. A few more years passed and Miyuki was happy to see that her precious creation finally found a happy home with a young silver eyed warrior.

Miyuki started watching the neko watching as the neko learned how to be a huntress even if she was a young age. Miyuki could see the care that the silver eyed warrior had for her little neko. Times got tough for the neko and young silver eyed warrior as they kept getting knocked down in life only to see the neko rise to each challenge that she had tossed at her. The only time that worried Miyuki was seeing her lose her mother for a time as the small family made it to the brother's and Miyuki's home in the Everafter. The silver eyed warrior gave up and the neko chased after her to help her. Miyuki smiled when she saw the neko find some courage to chase after her mother only to see the young neko sacrifice years of her life to help her mother more.

"My, what a story this has been. I hope my little neko continues growing and keep loving her mothers with all her heart." Miyuki said, looking at Y/n who was making her way back to the world of Remnant.