Chapter 32

Ruby's POV

After they loaded us into the back of the Manta, they flew us to Atlas. The whole time Y/n was still passed out, coughing now and then. "Weiss I'm worried about her." I said, looking at Y/n. Weiss nodded and looked at me. We started talking about who captured us and a guy who was already in the Manta when we were loaded in started talking about how he wouldn't be captured by the ace ops like we had been. He also told us why he was in the Manta before the pilots looked back at us. "You threw a brick at our ship." One pilot said.

"If it gets people talking about our cause, it's worth it." The guy said. He started talking badly about Weiss before she looked away from him. "Look, we get it. Mantle is in an awful state, but please leave us alone for now." I said. Everyone looked at me, a little shocked. When we looked out the window again, we saw Atlas academy outside. The pilots landed the ship on a landing pad leading to Atlas academy. "You guys are in some serious trouble." The guy said, before sitting back down. We stepped out of the Manta and looked up at the academy. After a few seconds, the soldiers led us inside. On our way to the top, we stopped on a different floor. A couple of people who seemed to be doctors walked into the elevator and took Y/n from me. "Where are you going with her?" I questioned, trying to follow them. The soldiers escorting us stopped me before the doors closed and we continued our way to the top.

"Let me out." I said.

"We can't do that, ma'am." The soldier said, pushing me back.

"What'd you do with my daughter?" Weiss asked.

"We're not at liberty to discuss that." The other soldier said. After that, we made our way to the top of the academy, stopping outside an office. We heard some talking coming towards us before we saw Winter, Ironwood, and Penny again. "Yay. You're here." Penny said, looking at us. Ironwood turned back to see who she was talking to. Weiss stepped out from behind me and looked at her sister. "Winter?" Weiss asked.

"Anyone wanna give us a hand?" Nora asked. Winter looked a little shocked before standing at attention. "You have ten seconds to take the bolas' off." She said. They soldiers looked at each other before quickly taking the off all of us. Ironwood led us into his office and apologized for his team's treatment of us. "When a rouge ship entered our airspace it raised some red flags. We assumed it was stolen." Ironwood said sitting at his desk.

"Stolen? Okay yeah, it was stolen." I said. The general smiled and silently laughed about it before Winter got upset. She walked towards us before Weiss calmed her down. Winter got upset with Qrow before I walked forward. "Where's my daughter being taken?" I asked.

"You're daughter?" Ironwood asked.

"Yes, on our way up here we stopped on a different floor and she was taken from me." I explained.

"Don't worry she was taken to the hospital we have on campus, she's in the best care we can give her." Ironwood said.

"Why wouldn't they tell us that?" Weiss asked.

"I'm sorry, but the soldiers were just following my orders you're free to go to her." Ironwood said. I nodded. "We have some important information for you. Private information." Qrow said. Penny and winter asked whether it was about the maidens or the relics. "You told them?" Qrow asked. I was starting to get antsy since I know Y/n still doesn't like hospitals. "Ruby calm down." Weiss said grabbing my hand. I nodded and watched as Ironwood pulled the relic out of his desk before telling us why he told the people he did. I was still panicking about Y/n, while doing my best to listen to what the general was talking about. He pushed a button on his desk before the floor under me raised up making a table. He started talking about his new plan to use Amity Colosseum as a new communication tower. Qrow was talking about the military and how he didn't need it. After that Ironwood talked about telling everyone in Atlas and how the military needed to be ready for the grimm. After that he talked about Ozpin before Oscar introduced himself and told him about what happened with Ozpin. Once everything was sorted out Ironwood gave me the relic. "We must work together. If we're to win against Salem." Ironwood said.

"Tell us how we can help." I said.

"Great, but first let's get your weapons up to Atlas standards." Ironwood said before showing a clip of Blake and her weapon. Winter told us about the equipment we'd be recieving to upgrade our weapons. We made our way out of his office before we ran into the ace ops again. We talked for a little bit before Penny offered to show us around campus. Penny showed us around the campus, but everyone was getting tired after everything. "Thank you for the tour Penny, but where are we staying? And where's Y/n?" I asked.

"You'll be staying in the dorms and each team will get their own room. It'll be just like Beacon." Penny said. She showed us to our rooms before I looked at her again. "Penny where's Y/n?" I asked.

"I'll take you to her." Penny said. I nodded and told everyone I was off to look after Y/n. Penny led me to the hospital area of the campus before we found a room with Y/n in it. She was hooked up to a few monitors, but she was still out cold. "How do you know Y/n?" Penny asked.

"I'm her adoptive mother, same with Weiss." I said. I explained what happened at the Vytal Festival and how she was abused before coming to live with my team and me after the fall of Beacon.