Chapter 18 The Train Ride to Argus

Y/n's POV

Me and mommy were running to the bench where everyone was gathered after we got a present for auntie Yang. We got to the group and mommy started bouncing up and down as she smiled at auntie Yang. "Oh, what did you two get me?" Auntie Yang asked.

"You're just going to have to wait and see." Mommy said. Auntie Yang went to grab for the gift, but mommy moved it away from her. I felt someone's arms wrap around me before lifting me up, I looked up to see big sis Blake holding me in her arms. "Wanna come say goodbye to my friends?" Big sis Blake asked. I nodded, smiling at her. She moved me to her shoulders. She walked up to a walkway where someone was waiting. "Hey Illia." Big sis Blake said. The girl looked at us a little shocked when she saw me. "Hey Blake, who's the cat faunas?" Illia asked.

"Well, this is Y/n, she's the daughter of a couple of my teammates and she's not exactly a cat faunas. She's what you'd call a neko." Big sis Blake said.

"Ok, that clears up the multiple cat traits, but how is she a daughter of your teammates? All of your teammates are girl's right?" Illia asked.

"It's by adoption more than anything. When we were at Beacon, we saw this little one being abused by her old family we saved her and took her in with our little family." Big sis Blake said.

"Auntie Blake nya, we need to meet up with mama and mommy soon nya." I said. She looked up at me. "Don't worry we'll be on time. We're just waiting for one other person to see and say goodbye too." Big sis Blake said.

"Were you talking about me?" Sun said. Big sis Blake turned to see Sun and nodded. "Yup, I was hoping to see you before we left." Big sis Blake said.

"Well, here I am." Sun said with a smile.

"Sun nya, bye." I said.

"You haven't left yet kid, but bye anyways." Sun said smiling at me. I smiled back and looked down at where mommy and mama were sitting. I saw them talking to a couple people before uncle Qrow showed up. "I was getting used to you being around." Big sis Blake said.

"You don't need me anymore, plus I think someone else needs you as well." Sun said pointing to me. I smiled at him again and nodded. "Alright thanks for being there when I needed you." Big sis Blake said walking away from him. I waved to Sun and waved to mommy and mama when we got back to them. "Where were you little snowflake?" Mama asked concerned.

"Big sis Blake took me to say bye to her friends nya." I said. I watched her sigh before big sis Blake lifted me off her shoulders setting me back on the ground. "When did Y/n start meowing like that?" Mommy asked.

"Well it was recently, when I got your attention from Y/n crawling into bed before the fight at Haven. It was the first time she did it around me, then I asked if she could do it more." Mama said.

"Mama said it was cute nya." I said with a smile. Mommy smiled at me before patting me on the head. "Well mama's right every once in a while." Mommy said.

"Hey!" Mama yelled. Everyone laughed before we had to board the train. Once we got on the train me, mommy, mama, big sis Blake and auntie Yang were all sharing a room I was laying on the bed next to mama waiting to get to Argus. "Alright since we're all together again it's time for team bonding." Mommy said.

"You saying we should play video games?" Auntie Yang asked.

"Of course." Mommy said.

"Can I play?" I asked.

"I don't see why not." Mommy said.

"No, she should be studying. She hasn't been to school at all since the fall of Beacon." Mama said.

"Please mama nya?" I asked.

"No and that's final." Mama said. She handed me a scroll pad and pulled up some homeschooling lessons for me to watch. After a few lessons we heard growls come from outside, uncle Qrow came in and had us grab our weapons. We climbed onto the outside of the train and looked near the back to see the two men mommy and mama were talking to earlier trying to fight the grimm. One of the men was grabbed by the grimm and was flown off the train and to the ground. The other man ran away running past us as we charged forward. "Tunnel!" Oscar yelled. Everyone ran for the space between cars and jumped in, but mama almost fell off but mommy caught her. We got inside the train and started talking with the guy who was fighting grimms at first. I was thinking about what was going to happen when we got out of the tunnel. "Rosepetal? Are you listening?" Mommy asked. I looked at her and shook my head.

"Okay, I need you to go with Jaune, Ren, and Nora will you do that for me?" Mommy asked. I shook my head. "Please Rosepetal we just want you to be safe." Mommy said. I shook my head again.

"I want to fight with you nya." I demanded.

"Ruby she did sort of prove herself when we fought at Haven." Auntie Yang said.

"Fine, but if you're going to fight you have to listen to what I say. I'm team leader." Mommy said. I nodded and hugged her. "Alright you guys let's do this." Mommy said. Everyone nodded and got ready to fight on the back of the train. "Okay Rosepetal your job is to stay back and shoot from there. Unless I tell you otherwise that's your job it's to help protect us." Mommy said. I nodded and readied my weapon. Once we got out of the tunnel we climbed up on top of the train again, the grimms jumped into the air and flew behind us. "Okay Rosepetal start shooting." Mommy said. I started to shoot at the grimms hit a few and killing them before some charged towards me. I changed my weapon to its melee form and killed the grimm that was attacking me. I watched as a fireball flew past me and hit the tracks, I noticed a black glyph form under me as the train fell off the tracks.