Chapter 39: Versus

Start from the beginning

"Look, don't hate me cause you ain't me cuz" Aria tells him

"Well, I know what we are being served. A whole bunch of baloney. This isn't a fighting tournament. It's an alibi for Chen to steal everyone's powers. But we still don't know why" Lloyd says

"Isn't it obvious?" Kai questions "Chen wants to destroy New Ninjago City. I don't know what it is, but that place has had a string of bad luck"

"I'm not so sure. From what Sensei G's told us about him, I have a feeling it's something far more sinister" Cole suggests

"And may I remind us, we still don't know where Zane is, which is why we all need to take care of our first rounds to give us more time" Jay adds "Don't look at me. I've already moved on"

"Your opponent got himself kicked out" Cole says

"Hehe, either way, it's my day off" Jay turns to the Cultist "Extra creamy biscuits. And don't skimp"

They start walking away from the line. Jay and Cole started arguing until Aria pushed them both forward. Lloyd sighed.

"The tournament will test them, Lloyd." Garmadon tells him "Either find a way for them to make peace, or neither of them will move on"

Chen came on the intercom "The tournament of Elements continues. Fun time! Would the following Masters please make their way to their assign arena? Speed, Gravity, Smoke, Nature, Mind, oh, and last and hopefully not least... Fire!"

The ninja turn to look at Kai.

"Are you ready to fight?" Aria asks him

"Yeah totally!" Kai agrees

"Remember, only one can remain" Chen finished

The fighters are in their arenas. The first fight was Turner, Master of Speed, versus Gravis, Master of Gravity. Turner, the master of speed, won. The next fight was Neuro, Master of Mind, versus Bolobo, Master of Nature. Neuro, the master of mind, won. Finally it was time for the last match, which Kai won.

Clouse is about to use his Dark Magic on Kai and Ash's battle when Chen stops him.

"No Magic. I'm enjoying this." Chen laughs

Kai breaks the bridge with his Fire. After a brief fight, Kai grabs the Jadeblade.

"Winner! Loser! Master of Fire moves on."

The ninja cheer as Garmadon shakes his head.

"What's the matter sensei?" Aria asks him, taking notice

"Kai's destructive power is all he can think of," Garmadon replies, turning to look at her "fire can be used in all sorts of ways."

"The fuck does that mean?" Aria looks confused

"You've changed." Garmadon sighs "I'm disappointed.

"What?" Aria questions "Sensei."

Garmadon stood up and walked away, Aria watching him leave looking disappointment. Back in the palace, Chen laughs as he watches his Kabuki perform for him. The Ninja approach the Elemental Masters, who are gathered around the bracket.

"What's all the commotion?" Jay questions and they gasp when they see Cole and Jay on the same bracket.

"No, he can't do this" Cole says angrily

"I think he just did," Aria says

"But why does it say I have to fight Cole?" Jay asks "It didn't say that before. I'm not ready to fight. It was supposed to be my day off."