026 // Collei is amazeballs

"Eughh" I groan and look around to see aether and paimon standing over me.

"OH MY ARCHONS THIER AWAKE!" He yells and then I see Yin come out of aethers shoulder.

Once my eyes meet his, he pounced on my face.
Yep, that's my yin alright.
"Oh my god my baby! Yin I missed you so much!" I scream and I cradle him in my arms.
"Hey! What about the people who brought you to sumeru!" Paimon yells and I just pet her head.

"I missed you guys too." I say and I hug them close. Yin even joins and snuggles into my hair, which has grown out quite a bit.

"Y/n! We just noticed your outfit earlier! It looks super cool." Paimon says and she snuggles into my coat.

"Hah yeah, and aether thanks for that other one you gave me, I made it into a mini one for Paimon." I give Paimon the thing I made after saying that and she smiles with glee.

"Yay! Paimon has her own coat like y/n!" She hugs me and I hug her back.
"Yeah and some fancy Doo daas, they look nice too." Aether adds and he points to the guns.

"Oh yeah, these are called guns! Their a weapon that's good for long ranged combat. I've still got my poleArm though." I say and my polearm teleports in my hand.

Aether just nods while Paimon is still fangirling. "Well, we wanted to see if you'd gotten better! We met this nice lady haypasia but we ran into some trouble.." Paimon trails off and I remember that they haven't gone to sumeru yet.

"O-oh that's nice! Anyways I've gotta get back in my feet guys!" I say And I slowly get up before teleporting to my rooms entrance.

"Bye guys!" I say before bolting out using my insane stamina and Paimon and aether look at eachother before talking.

"We didn't even get to ask them about LUMINE.. damn it!" Paimon yells while aether just watches you.
—————

Y/ns pov again now!:
I can manage the pain, but I've gotta get going and thank the green weirdo for taking care of me.

Tighnaris got sass, that's what I like about him, so I'll just talk with him for a bit before—
I run into a tree and I hear a person come approach me.

"Are you okay! You just ran into a tree." I hear a soft spoken girl say and I smile slightly to se that it's collei!! The cutie patootie c:

I scratch my bruised arm and I just nod to her. "Don't worry! This is average every day for me." I say while smiling and she just awkwardly smiles back.

"Anyways... I'm collei! Forest ranger collei actually! You seem a bit.. inexperienced with the forest, are you new to sumeru?" She says and I nod.

"Ah I see, what are you doing so far in the woods if I may ask" she says taking out a small notepad.

I get a little nervous because she's INTEROGATING me but I answer her questions smoothly.

"Ah ok that! Thank you y/n.. even though your a bit strange.." she mumbles the last bit before continuing.

"Welcome to the avidia forest! And make sure that the cat on your neck is vaccinated." She adds and i remember yin is still on my shoulder.

"Yes mam" i say randomly and I can see some blush creeping on her cheek, she's a sweet person.

"A-Anyway this is where some people of the avidya forest live! There's some houses you can rent over there and some other places to go aswell!" She tells me all about sumeru food for a bit before I remember why I'm here.

"Oh yeah.. do you know a guy named Tighnari? He's kinda ugly but he has vibrant clothes and hes- " I get cut off by collei just hitting me on the head slightly.

Oh shit Tighnari is her boss.

"A-Aha sorry about that..! Me and him have a bit of a.. pshhhh complicated relationship.." I mumble and she sighs and just listens.

"Oh.. Ah well  all is good anyway! I think he's in  The Valley near here, would you like me to bring you?" He smiles and I thank her profoundly.

Collei and me were instantly connecting, and I think she felt that way too! We rambled  for AGES while giggling to eachother. We suddenly run into some fatui agents, and I see Collei take out her bow. Since bows are long ranged, I'll be short ranged and use my spear.

"I'll use my spear ok lei lei" I say and she nods after giggling a bit at the nickname.

(By the way it's 100% canon that collei is a snorting laugher c:)

"I instantly teleport behind one and stab his hand, while volley shoots his other wrist, this guy was one of those pyro gun people, so hurting his wrists was something that was Deffo needed.

"OH MY GOD NICE SHOT GIRL!" I scream as I stab him in the chest and she just smiles.

He does that weird Thing Where he disappears and then I see a man with a pocket knife approach collet from behind.

"WATCH OUT!" I scream and I throw my polearm, I aimed for his face, but accidentally hit his chest.. my aim sucks.

Collei is shocked but the guy is unable to move except cut some of her hair off by slicing it.

"DONT TOUCH ME!" She screams and i shoot the guy in the neck. After I get done with shooting the other small fry's I come up to her running.

"ADGFRV DID HE HURT YOU?? I SWEAR TO GOD OR WHATEVER ARCHONS I WILL-" she just hugs me and I realise she's ok.

"I'm okay don't worry, they just cut off a bit of my hair." He say and points to her locks on the ground.

"Well you look amazing so I don't even care! Style choice tbh" and she just giggles.

"Thanks y/n, even if your choice of words is a little... off... your a nice friend" She says before continuing, "and I'll totally be your 'alpha buddy' if it means we'll look out for eachother like this." She says and I smile before hugging her again.

We walk off while I'm talking to her about earphones and we share one if my AirPods each as me listen to (insert fav song) and she loves it! We walk over to Tighnaris house and I say my goodbyes.

"Bye COLLEI!! AND YOU GO OWN THAT HAIR CUT OK?!" I yell and she smiles back before.. dabbing? Why did I tell her about dabbing..

Anyways I knock on the door.. hopefully he's back anyway. He better be after collei brought me here! "HEY ASSHOLE OPEN UP!" I yell and I finally hear the door open.

To my surprise I see a bunch of the main characters of the sumeru quest in his house.. and now their looking at me! Oh shit now their looking at me.

"Hah bad timing?"
——————————

Here's the longer chapter you were waiting for! And also collei fluff.

Btw all relationships are platonic right now c:

1190 words 🫶