(35)

If I Would Have Known by Kyle Hume^^

Work was kicking my ass.

For the last few days, I have been working my ass off. It seemed like everyone was coming to get their car serviced, and we've been more busy than ever.

When I came back to work, I noticed that Chad wasn't here. He hasn't been here for the last few days, and when I asked my boss about it, it definitely shocked me when he said Chad quit.

"Why?"

"Not sure. He just said he was done."

As I thought about it, the last thing I said to him was a little harsh. I knew it couldn't be because of me, but it was in the back of the mind for the last few days.

It was weird without Chad here now. He was my only friend here, so I was a little on the outside now cause I didn't talk to any of these guys here.

When I tried texting him, asking him why he quit, I never got a response back. I was confused but decided to let it go and delete his number since he was gone.

It didn't really get to me as the days turned into weeks, and I was focused on work that nothing else was even remotely bothering me anymore.

Amaya came by everyday to give me lunch. I was thankful, and she was happy that I was eating.

When I told her about Chad, she was confused and asked why he quit. I couldn't tell her, but I said that he just decided to quit one day.

It didn't make any sense, but I got on with work without him.

When the days turned into weeks, I started noticing that Amaya was getting more sick. I was up almost everynight with her cause she was in pain, and one time she threw up but it was blood that came out.

She was taken back to the hospital, but this time she made me stay away from her. I didn't want to argue and stayed at work, but I went to visit her everyday after.

After a week in a half, she got released from the hospital. That made me smile as I was happy, but she wasn't acting like herself. She wasn't eating much or doing anything, and when Alina tried calling the doctor, Amaya stopped her.

It made me worry so much that I never really went home anymore. I stayed with her everyday, which she didn't like but I didn't care.

I told her that I would not leave her.

"No matter what." I told her.

It was hard going to work, but I did my best to focus on work.

But it was hard when Amaya lived in my mind.

She stopped coming to my work to bring me food, which I understood cause she was sick. I texted her everyday, and she messaged back sometimes but other times she would be asleep.

I noticed how she's been sleeping a lot lately, but I figured it was the medicine that she was taking. It did make her drowsy, so I didn't question it when she would still be asleep when I got to her house.

It just made me stay by her side everyday and night.

When I did go home, Asher would question why Amaya wasn't with me every time. I had to tell him that she was busy, but Kate was watching me from afar.

Kate was getting more worried about me when I told her about Amaya. She told me that she was beyond worried everyday, and I was the reason for her to worry.

I didn't let anyone or anything make negative thoughts come through my head when it came to Amaya.

Alina didn't want us together cause of Amaya's time, and Kate was worried that I would end up in a terrible situation once something happens.