(8)

"I forgot you didn't have work today." Kate said as she was sitting on the couch. I sat down next to her before reaching over, and grabbing Sophia from her arms.

I held her in my arms, smiling at her as she was getting better at holding her head. I held her gently against my chest before hearing Kate get up from the couch.

As I lean back into the couch, I remembered the dream I had last night that was very much present in my mind.

It was about Amaya, the woman in the wheelchair, and I woke up very confused throughout the night.

It was hard going back to sleep cause I saw her face in my head, and I couldn't shake the thoughts from my mind.

At this point, it was questioning to me as to why I was running into her so much, and now I was dreaming about her.

A lot of people would believe that it was fates way of telling me that this was meant to be, and Amaya was my soul mate, and at that I had to laugh cause I didn't believe in any of that nonsense.

It was weird, but also a coincidence.

None of that other shit is even remotely true, or comes close to what was going on.

Kate came back in after a moment, and I look over at her. I didn't want to bring anything up, but I wanted her point of view on it, so I turned slightly towards her.

"I have a question."

"Ok." She looks at me as she turns towards me as well.

"What's your thoughts on when someone keeps encountering the same person for more than a few days?"

Kate looks at me before furrowing her eyebrows. I knew that she was about to ask a lot of questions, but surprisingly she didn't.

"I think it's God's way of-"

"Ok." I said, before turning my attention back towards the tv. I should of known she was going to bring that into the conversation, and it wasn't something I wanted to hear.

"Remi, why? You asked for my thoughts."

"Yeah, but I was hoping you wouldn't use that."

She looks at me a little longer before shaking her head. "I know you don't believe it that,"

"Not even a little."

"But I do. That's my thoughts on it.. so can I finish?"

I sigh. "Sure."

"I believe it's God's way of letting you know that this person is someone who is about to be a very important part of your life. He plans out things, so you can follow it, and be happy in life." I nod as I look back at the tv. "Why?"

"Just read something." I said, avoiding the conversation.

After a few minutes, Kate took Sophia from my arms. I watch as she was holding her, slowly waking her up before feeding her.

I lean my arms back, stretched as I felt my muscles move around. I groaned out before looking at the tv, focusing on whatever was on before Kate said something to me.

"Can you go out, and get some things?" She asks.

"What?"

"I have a list of things I need. Mason is working, and I can't leave."

I look down at Sophia. "I can watch her."

"Remi, please."

I just knew that if I left, I would run into Amaya. I could feel it, and I didn't like it. I didn't want to leave the house cause I had plans to be lazy today.