(3)

Work was kicking my ass today and I was already sweating by eight in the morning.

It was busy as hell and I was about tired of everyone around me. I wanted to slash tires and say 'fuck it', but kept my cool as I walked around the shop.

Being a mechanic wasn't as easy as it seems.

There were hot ass days that made me want to murder someone. Rude ass customers that made me want to quit my job and waking up early to be here and deal with all of it.

But it's money and I have my good days.

Plus, I've been working here since I was thirteen. I had a lot of people respect me and I enjoyed it.

"Remi." One of my coworkers called my name as I was taking a tire off. I look over as he was walking towards me before crossing his arms. "You going to lunch today?"

"No."

"You never go to lunch." He said. "Why?"

"I'm not hungry." I said as I focused back on the tire. I glance over at him as he was watching me before nodding and walking away.

I may be the weird one here cause I'm the only girl and I don't eat like everyone else or do things that they do, which I'm fine with that.

Some of the guys give me weird looks but ignore it.

They all became good friends and I appreciate the respect I get from them.

I walked around this vehicle after changing the tires and made sure everything was good before allowing one of the coworkers to drive it out of the shop.

After that was done, I walked inside to the bathroom and wash my hands before returning to work. I was already tired and it was only eleven in the morning.

The amount of sweat coming from my body was insane.

It was hot as hell this summer and I didn't like it.

But, I was complaining last winter when it was too cold and now it's too hot.

As I walk back outside, I saw a car pull up and a woman got out. I decided to walk to her and help her with whatever she needed before any of the guys did.

They all knew I was gay, which they respected and I'm usually the first one to help out the women that come here.

She smiles at me and I smile back before stopping in front of her. "How can I help you?" I said as I glanced over at her car.

"My oil light is on and I need it checked."

"I can do that." I smile at her before telling her that she can wait inside the building or wait out here.

After she walks inside, I pull her car up inside the shop and start doing what I do best. I opened the hood and inspect the oil level before finding out the oil type for this specific car.

I never really thought I would get into mechanic work cause it didn't really interest me when I was little. I remember I wanted to be a doctor when I was seven years old, but that surely changed once I turned nine.

Then my dad brought me into the world of cars, dirt and grime.

I fell in love with everything about it and I want to continue pursuing it as a career.

Working since I was thirteen made me into someone that I wasn't when I was ten. I didn't know what I wanted to do when I graduated high school or go into the adult life.

Once I graduated, I studied everything I could about being a mechanic but never had the opportunity to go to college and learn more about it.

A lot of tragic things happened in my life and it kept me from doing a lot of what I wanted to do.