(19)

Amaya's POV

"Good morning." Alina's voice came through my room as I stretched. I saw her standing at my door as I smiled at her before watching her grab my wheelchair.

"Good morning." I smiled at her as she approached my bed.

"How was your night?" She asks as she helped me sit up.

I nod at her, smiling as she was watching me. "It was great. As always."

"Did you both talk?"

As I looked at her, I knew what she was implying, but all I did was nod. "Yes. I told her about the accident cause she wanted to know. Then I told her about my high school days and my career that I planned for the future."

"Amaya.. you didn't tell her-"

"No." I said, watching her stare at me.

She sighs. "Why not?"

"Cause I'm scared, ok?"

"You need to tell her before it's too late."

I look down at my hands that were folded in my lap. "I have time." I whispered.

"Amaya," My sister said, making me look up at her. "time is something you don't have."

"You don't know that."

"And you do?" She asks.

As I looked at her, I nodded. "I have faith."

"Amaya.."

"Just get me up." I said, not wanting to talk about it anymore.

As she lifted me up, I moved towards my dresser before brushing my hair. I stared at myself into the mirror as I sighed before grabbing my Bible and notebook, then proceeded to study.

After my study, I grabbed my Bible before leaving my room and heading towards the living room. I entered then moved towards the bookshelf where I always sit at.

Alina was in the kitchen, cooking breakfast as always as I got comfortable in my spot. I opened my Bible then began reading.

As I was reading, my mind wandered to Remi. I couldn't help but smile as I thought about her. I continued reading up my mind was consumed of her, and I had to stop for a moment.

Then Alina's words came to my mind.

What terrified me the most was telling Remi something about myself that could make me lose her. I didn't want that happening, but I knew that I couldn't keep this from her.

If we ever end up together, she has to know.

But I keep replaying in my head about how she would react to it. I'm scared that she would see this as something that could make her walk away and not want to be with me, and that's why I keep holding back on telling her.

But time isn't something I have right now, even though I want to believe that I have all the time in the world; I don't.

Remi has to know the truth, and I have to tell her soon.

-

Alina and I went out to do some errands today. It was nice and sunny, no cloud in the sky which made me happy.

"So, you really like Remi?" Alina asks as she was driving through town.

"Of course."

"And she likes you."

"She said she did." I look at her before looking out the window.

"When are you going to tell her?"

"Soon." I sighed.