(22)

By the next few days, I called in sick to work.

I stayed in bed, faking my sickness just so I wouldn't have to get out of bed or go anywhere. I made a believeable lie when my boss asked and when Kate asked what was wrong.

The last few nights, I didn't sleep any. I tossed and turned with Amaya on my mind, and it was slowly killing me. I was staring at the wall most of the night.

I texted her a few times, but she never responded.

It hurt, and I hated the feeling.

This feeling was new to me; caring about someone, and feeling worried about them. I felt hurt, for the first time over someone, and I didn't like it.

I had so many new emotions running through my body, that I didn't know what to do. I hated feeling this way, and over a woman.

Kate did come to check on me a few times, but I would say I was still sick. I fake coughed a few times, and she checked my temperature, and of course it came out fine.

All I wanted to do was lay in bed.

As I was laying there, drifting off to sleep every few minutes, I heard a knock on my door. I was expecting Kate, and I was ready to tell her that I didn't feel good, but I saw Asher walk in with a cup in his hands.

"Hi, aunt Remi." He spoke as he stood next to the bed, and I leaned up to sit. I saw him smile at me before holding out the cup towards me. "I made you some hot chocy to make you feel better."

That made me smile.

I grabbed the cup, then saw Kate standing at the door. She smiled at me before crossing her arms and leaned on the door frame. "He wanted to make you something to make you feel better."

Asher was smiling at me as I took a sip from the cup. It was a little hot, but not enough to make it undrinkable.

"It's good, booger. Thank you." I placed the cup on the table then pulled Asher into a hug. I held him tight as he giggled when I kissed his head. "I feel better now."

"Yay!" He yells before wrapping his arms around my neck. I saw Kate looking at me as she was smiling, which made me hold him tighter before releasing him.

"I have lunch ready." Kate said. "If you want anything."

I nodded as Asher jumps off the bed then runs out of the room. I saw Kate smile at me before walking out as well, leaving me in there for a moment before I decided to get up.

After I got dressed, I walked out then up stairs towards the kitchen. I heard Asher laughing in the kitchen as I walked in, then Kate looked over at me.

"Glad to see you up out of bed." She smiles.

"I feel a little better." I glanced over at Asher before looking at Kate. "Why didn't he go to daycare?"

Kate sighs. "When he found out you were sick, he faked being sick to stay here." She shook her head as she looks at her son.

That made me walk over to him as he was sitting at the table. I wrapped my arms around him before rocking side to side, making him laugh.

"I love you, booger." I said before patting his head.

When I walked over to Kate, she looks at me before glancing at Asher. I saw her turn back towards the counter, and my eyes followed before seeing the food sitting there.

"So, are you going to tell me what's going on?" Kate whispers to me. "I know you're not sick."

As I looked at her, I knew it was useless in lying. I know my sister can pick up everything about me, so I needed to tell her the truth.