(14)

"You look tired." I heard Chad say when he approached me. I was standing underneath a car as it as up on the lift, staring at it, and not getting anything done.

When I looked over at him, he was looking at me, and I could tell that he knew something was wrong.

But nothing was wrong.

I didn't think anything was wrong.

All I know is that I hardly slept last night for many reasons. One being the fact that Amaya was stuck in my head from that afternoon, so I couldn't sleep. I was tossing and turning all night, frustrated that I couldn't sleep.

The other is the same reason, but at the same time it was completely different. It still involved her but my mind was keeping me up all night, with some thoughts of her but then again, no thoughts.

It was weird.

So, after that stressful night, I was tired this morning.

I was hoping nobody could tell, but Chad saw the way I was staring off into space and wanting to pass out at the same time.

My mind was all over the place at the moment, and it seemed that I couldn't escape it.

"I didn't sleep well." I replied before finishing up the work that I was slacking on.

Chad looked at me a little longer before walking away. I looked over at him, and thn went back to work to finish this car up.

After I was finally done, I sighed before moving from underneath the car. I lowered the car back to the ground before turning my attention to the hood.

The time that it consumed that, was terrible. When I was done, I was glad, and I wiped my ands before walking around and making sure everything looked good.

Chad walked out into the shop after a few minutes, then stopped and smiled at me.

"What?"

"That woman is here."

After hearing that, my heart started thumping against my chest. I saw Chad walk away before I slowly walked out of the shop and saw that car pulled up in front.

When I walked to the driver side, Alina was sitting there, but when I looked over at the passenger seat, I didn't see Amaya.

My mouth almost spoke for me as I was about to ask where she was being stopping myself.

"Hi, Remi. I talked to one of the men here, and they told me that I needed a part for my car from the last time I brought it in." She reached back and grabbed a box from the backseat.

I grabbed it from her and then opened it to see what part it was. I heard her explain the situation and what one of my coworkers told her.

"I'll get right to it." I said to her. I told her to park, then I'd drive the car into the shop as soon as possible.

After she got out, she told me that she was going inside for a moment. I walked back inside to move the car that I finished, and park it outside.

Chad walked out once I parked the car before looking around. "Where did she go?" I motioned towards the building the saw him look over at her car. "She's cute. That's the one you've been looking for?"

"Shut up." I said, making him laugh. "No, it's not."

"Could of fooled me. You're always out here looking for someone."

"I'm never out here looking for someone." I said, making him raise an eyebrow. "That one time.."

He nods before looking around. "Yeah, well.. she's cute."