(15)

"Where are you going?" Kate was asking me, again, where I was going as I was getting ready. I was in my room, pulling a shirt over my head before she came in and asked me.

"I'm hanging out with a friend."

Kate kept looking at me for a moment. "But not Lucas?"

"No."

"Who?"

"Just this woman I met a month ago."

"Where did you meet her? You hardly go out."

I look at her before shrugging, and grabbing my perfume. I sprayed it on me then caught Kate watching me through the mirror.

"Wow.. she must be special if you're wearing perfume."

I roll my eyes then saw her smiling at me. "She's a friend."

"Where did you meet her?"

"I met her at a lot of different places. But I don't have time to explain." I looked at the time on my phone, then realized that I was already late. "I gotta go." I rushed towards the door then Kate grabbed my arm.

"Remi.. is there something you want to tell me?"

I gave her a confused look. "What?"

"About this woman?"

"No?"

I saw her look at me a little longer before releasing my arm. She nods towards the stairs, then I rushed up then before almost running into Mason.

"Where's the fire?" He joked.

"Sorry."

"She's meeting her girlfriend." Kate said behind me.

I turn to see her smiling at me with her arms crossed. I looked back at Mason, and saw him giving me a confused look.

"Is this the same one from the other night?"

"Wait," Kate said, making me look back at her. "you knew about this?" She said towards Mason.

"She's not my girlfriend. She's a friend."

They both gave me a look but I groaned before walking to the door. I left in a hurry as soon as I was outside, then got into my Jeep, and left.

The ride to her house was a little nerve-wrecking like always. I kept the music loud, and my mind on the road as I was driving.

I had texted Amaya a few hours ago, asking when she wanted me to come over. She said as soon as possible, and that made me nervous.

The way this woman has me feeling all different types of emotions that I never felt was scary.. very scary.

But Amaya was different, and I'm starting to realize that I like her more each day.

Once I pulled into her driveway, I sat there for a few moments before finally getting out. I was trying to calm my nerves when I was walking up towards the front door, then realized that I was acting really stupid right now.

Over a woman.

I never been this way with anyone, and we're just friends. I had to calm down a little before I made an idiot out of myself.

Alina opens the door before smiling at me, and allowing me to walk inside. I saw her shut the door once I was inside, then I followed her into the living room.

I saw Amaya sitting in that same spot again as I approached her, which made her look up from her book and make eye contact with me.

"Hi, Remi." She smiles.