11) Comfort

"It tastes amazing!" Lucent chirped. "I want more" He eagerly reached over the table the both of you sat on.

He quickly stopped himself peering up at you through his hair. "Is it alright if I take some more?". You nodded in response.

"Thank you" He softly chuckled, taking some of your snack.

You watched as he took some of your snack and ate it. He savoured the flavor there seemed to be stars in his eyes.

You stifled a small giggle, "What's your overall rating of the snack?" you questioned.

"10/10!" Lucent answered immediately, "I'll have to buy more next time I go to the convenience store."

You nodded in response, 'He seems really happy compared to when I first met him' You thought.

'Hows he handling his mother's passing?'

You really wanted to ask, but you didn't wanna bring down the mood. You frowned a bit.

"What wrong?" Lucent snapped you out of your thoughts. You froze up.

"Ah, did I eat too much of your snack?" Lucent scratched the back of his neck. "My apologies" He looked away.

"It's alright!" You frantically replied, "You can have it all of you like" You pushed the snack towards him.

He turned to look at you, eyes searching yours wanting to know if you were being genuine or not.

You gave a small smile, "You can have it, I was thinking about something that caused me to get distracted."

Lucent let out a sigh of relief, "What were you thinking about?"

"Just stuff" You avoided eye contact, "Um, how have you been doing lately?" You glanced at him.

Lucent thought for a moment, "I'll say better than before"

"That's good, I'm glad." You nodded not knowing what to say next.

Letting out a long exhale Lucent threw his head back.

"I lied"

"I miss her a lot, I don't know how I can continue" Lucent leaned forward buring his head into his arms.

"I'm scared..." Lucents voice broke. Small broken cries began to leave his lips as he began to wipe his tears.

"I'm sorry Y/N, this is really embarrassing" He sniffled.

"It's alright, you can let it all out. I'm here to listen" You gave a small smile.

Lucent gave a crooked one back. His chin wobbled as he looked away. "Do you want a hug?" You asked.

'Maybe he doesn't want any physical touch' You thought. 'Should I leave him alone for a bit?'

"Yes please" A small whisper caught your attention. You climbed out of your seat sitting down next to him.

You carefully wrapped your arms around him. He seemed to relax a bit at that. Placing his arms around you he let out a deep breath.

"I'm very sorry you have to deal with all this, I thought I'd be distracted enough today. I thought I wouldn't think about her. I thought..." He paused. "I thought maybe I was ready to let her go"

You rubbed his back, "It's alright, don't rush anything. You have a lot of time"

Lucent nodded into your shoulder, "I'm tired".

"Do you want to go home?" You asked. "Yeah, I'm sorry we had to end our hangout like this" he pulled away from the hug.

"It's alright, we can always hangout some other time when you're ready" You gave him a smile.

He nodded, "Thank you Y/N, I'll pay you back someway somehow whatever you want. I'm glad I was able to enjoy a bit of today at least". He turned to look at you.

His puffy brown eyes stared into yours. He sniffled as he let out a small chuckle, "Your face...do I look funny?"

You shook your head, "You don't". You stood up. Reaching out a hand towards Lucent.

"I'll walk you home if you like?" Lucent gave you small smile as he took your hand. "Yes please"

"I'll buy you my favorite snack to try and cheer you up a bit on our way there" Lucent nodded at that.

"Thank you Y/N"

____

"Tomorrow I'll follow you to your house and wait for you, then we can hangout once you're done getting ready" Sawyer leaned onto your shoulder.

"Don't word it like that stalker" You struggled to push him away as he leaned closer to you.

"I just really wanna hang out with Y/N" Sawyer wrapped his hands around you as he snuggled closer to your chest.

You wriggled under his grasp, "Sawyer back up or I'm cancelling" You stated.

He quickly let go backing up, "Okay". You fixed your uniform looking up at him. "You gotta learn what personal space is" He chuckled at that. "I'm serious Sawyer, you keep that up and half the people in this area will have a restraining order against you"

Sawyer laughed, "Y/N I don't get close to anyone physically besides you" He grinned. "You're special to me Y/N" He clasped both his hands together.

"Why's that?" You raised a brow. "You're a..." Sawyer mumbled. "A what?" You leaned in closer.

"You're a good friend!" He patted your shoulder. "Out of all the people I've met you've been the nicest!"

"Have you not had any other friends?" Sawyer froze, "Um.." He ran a hand through his hair. "Sorta not really" He looked away.

"What do you me-" The sound of a squeaking train cut you off.

"trains here let's go!" He darted off. You followed behind.

'Now that I think about it, I know nothing about Sonders background'

_______

I've said before im making things up along the way but I do sorta have a list of events that I want to follow.

It might take some time for the next couple chpts due to me wanting to thoroughly plan out everything. I don't want to make confusing mistakes. Hopefully I can plan out everything fast enough. (⁠^⁠∇⁠^⁠)⁠ノ⁠♪