9) "I'm Sorry"

You had chatted with Lucent over the weekend, you both had similar interests and were around the same age, he was a year older.

He didn't have the best life due to his mother being a single mom and could barely put a roof over his head and food on the table, but Lucent never let that affect him.

He had one goal, get a stable job and live a stable life.

He wanted to show his mom all her work wasn't for nothing.

Due to Lucents positive/understanding personality you both had nice conversations. You never had any awkward moments in-between.

Overall he was good company to you and so were you to him.

Monday

Ring~ Ring~ Ring~

You groggily sat up in bed. Your alarm rang through your room as you began to rub the sleep from your eyes.

You leaned over turning the alarm off as you swung your legs off the bed.

You glanced at the time. 6:34am.

Getting off the bed you began to do your daily routine.

checking the time once more before you left. 7:12am.

You closed and locked the front door behind you as you headed towards the station.

___

The train would arrive sometime soon so you sat on a nearby bench and pulled out your phone.

You decided to text Lucent 'Good morning'.

Lucent
Good morning Y/N!
I hope you have a good day today

Y/N
I hope you do as well

Lucent
Thank you, Y/N

Lucent
Would you wanna hang out sometime later on today?

Y/N
Sure, where would you like to hangout?

Lucent
We could grab a snack at a convenience store I live by and hangout at the park nearby as well

Lucent
Does 5:30 work?

Y/N
Sure, that works

Lucent
Perfect

You smiled down at your phone, failing to notice the figure Infront of you.

"Who's that?"

You shot your head up pulling your phone closer to you.

Sawyer stood Infront of you with a quirked eyebrow.

"No one." You replied.

"Family?" He continued.

"Yeah" You replied

"Nice"

You hadn't noticed the way sonder eyed you up and down. "Wanna hang out after school?" He squatted looking straight at you.

You shook your head, "I'm busy after school"

"What?" He squinted his eyes turning his head to the side a bit.

"I have something to do after school" You responded. "I won't be able to hangout"