Chapter Five

Ella's attention shifted to Ava and Stephen, who were positioned at the edge of the dance floor. She sensed her sister's extreme anger, and Stephen was discreetly trying to calm her down. Ella had doubts about its effectiveness. It wasn't just her who was looking towards them - others were, too.

"I give that marriage a year at most."

Even though she felt sad by his statement, Ella believed he was likely correct. Stephen is willing to go to great lengths to maintain their unity after marriage, but if Ava continues to embarrass him and his family, he may be forced to reconsider. The Blackwater's were known for upholding traditions in the Community, old-fashioned but true. She knew how Stephen would feel about public scenes or even PDAs (public displays of affection). She was desperately wishing for the prenup to be watertight.

She said to Nick though, "Wow! Really, all couples fight Nick. My parents have been together for a long time, but they fight. Rarely grant you."

"No, it's not the fighting. It's her, I have seen many like her in my time. She will never be happy with her lot, always wanting more. She will not be faithful to Stephen if a man richer comes along."

Ella raised an eyebrow, "Are you richer than Stephen." Grinning and trying to lighten the mood, not like she cared about his money. Tonight would be the last time she laid eyes on him, as he had never made a visit to the village that she was aware of in all the years she had resided here.

Nick laughed. "Filthy rich, Cindy. But Stephen's family is under strict instructions to keep my history to themselves. So Ava doesn't know my wealth. Not like I would touch someone like her."

"What's wrong with her? She is a model. Many say beautiful, if magazines are to be believed, and the men around here."

"With that one, beauty is only skin deep and I have never met a woman so self-centred and trust me, I have met a few!"

"We both have blonde hair, blue eyes and are around the same height?...." she was playing with fire, Ella knew by bringing his attention to the similarities between herself and Ava. Did she really want Nick to realise the truth? She was enjoying herself now and cared little for Ava acting the shrew. Maybe it was time for Stephen to discover his future spouse. Nick finding out was the last thing she wanted at the moment. Her relationship to Ava. Ella really believed if he did, he would walk away from her and her enjoyment of the night would go with him?

"Yes, my dear, but when you realised my brother had died, you wanted to comfort me. Ava said nothing when it was brought up in her presence. You are nothing alike. Plus, a woman should have curves for a start. Most models are skinny bony creatures, only eating lettuce and still worry about the water content."

"Are you saying I'm a lot bigger than Ava." Teasing him

"Only in all the right places, and no one would look at you and see you wanting. You have a beautiful body."

Ella laughed, because Ava wouldn't have eaten her veggie soup and Nick was right: Ava was self-centred. It was a shame Stephen couldn't see Ava for who she really was. Ella really didn't want him back. She just didn't like seeing marriages fail. She had no feelings for Stephen now, not sure she ever did.

Ella believe she had been ready for more and Stephen was the first man to show any interest in her. Maybe Ava was right. Mary, Stephen's mother, had more to do with that than she would have liked. She was glad they hadn't married. Stephen didn't make her feel as hot or flustered as the man currently holding her in his arms. His body sliding along her own. She could feel his erection while dancing, and it surprised Ella she hadn't pulled away. Maybe it was the alcohol, but it didn't shock her. It made her feel sexy and wanted. Wanted? That was an unusual thought. Her family wanted her, but because of Ava being so high maintenance growing up, their focus and attention had mainly been on her twin. Ella had been what they call a grey child, never the stand out and never drawing attention to herself. This wanting was different for her and oh so sexual. The times Stephen had kissed her, she hadn't felt like this and Nick hadn't even kissed her. Her skin started tingling, and she began to feel hot.

Nick was holding her close and ran his nose along her jawline under her hair and to her ear, before biting, then kissing her earlobe. Oh, my! Ella sucked in a breath, held it. Ella had never been one for public displays of affection and closed her eyes as more heat pooled in her belly. Her wetness and heat were intensifying with each passing second.

"Breathe." He whispered in her ear.

Ella realised she was indeed holding her breath. Anticipation? It was boiling in here, almost stifling.

As if he could read her thoughts, "Come." Taking her hand, he led her out the French doors. The cool air hit her hot cheeks, cooling them. Nick led her down the stairs into the garden, along a path and into the gazebo some distance from the party, as soon as they cleared the entryway of the gazebo Nick pushed her back to the wall, taking her mouth in a hungry, demanding kiss, Ella grabbed his jacket lapels and hung on for dear life.

He didn't just kiss her; he devoured her. It was hot on so many levels. Ella couldn't believe she was allowing this. The man was a total stranger. But right at this moment, with his mouth on hers, she didn't care. She wanted him; she wanted this! Ella's hips gave an involuntary thrust forward as she tried to pull herself higher by his jacket lapels.

Groaning, Nick lifted her body higher up the wall of the gazebo. Moving his shaft into the notch of her sex, Ella gasped. Lifting her leg up the outside of his, and moving her body forward, needing more, craving it. Nick palmed the underside of her knee, taking her leg higher and wrapping her leg around his waist, then giving her what she begged for, him harder against her sex.

Nick moved to take off her mask. Ella wasn't sure what made her do it. Maybe she didn't want him to connect her to Ava. Well, at least not yet. She wanted nothing to make him stop, and she knew if he saw her face, this would be over. She needed this first. "No! Mask stays on." Holding his hand, stopping him from removing it.

Nick pulled back. "Bella, you don't have to be mysterious, not now. It's just us."

"Please." Bella, she knew, was a beauty in Italian. Bella was very close to her own name. But he didn't know that. Her 'please' must have been enough because he didn't try to remove her mask again.

Instead ran his fingers over her mouth. "You have the lushest lips, so full and plump. How did no-one not know these lips?" Her heart beat wildly against her rib cage. Ella grabbed his ears and pulled his head down for another kiss.

To say her passion surprised Nick was an understatement. She was burning him up and he didn't think he could show her his normal finesse, not this time, not this first taste. Grabbing her hands in his, he placed them against the wall on either side of her head, imprisoning her between him and the wall, hearing her gasp and then her shiver was enough to heighten his blood.

"Don't move." He demanded. Releasing her hands, he moved his hand to her skirt and started dragging it up her legs, exposing her to the night air. Nick looked down. She had beautiful shapely legs that when on and on. Long enough to wrap around his waist as he pumped his essence into her. He needed to calm down, or he was going to hurt her in his hunger. He wasn't a small man and if he wasn't careful with his sexual partners, he could very well hurt them. It shocked him with this loss of control. Even as a teen, he had never felt this out of control before. Placing his forehead against the top of her mask, he breathed her in, trying to calm himself, giving him the much needed few seconds to gain his control.

P.S This book is going to another site
Renamed
Royal Masquerade
The Prince And Cinderella