56

Dbl update today - enjoy

She finds him in the den with Grayson and Dre watching a movie. Taping him on the shoulder and becking for him to follow her quietly then tries to hide her nervous laughter as he follows her back to the room with a fond smile on his face. He stands in the doorway when she opens the bedroom doors then steps in quietly and looks around. The soft carpet takes up most of the floor but does not cover the wood floor completely. The walls on either side of the bedroom that are made up of only windows, floor to ceiling, now have heavy white curtains draped on either side of them, one side leads out to the patio where the large L-shaped couch sits and the opposite side has the two grey armchairs placed in front of them. The two solid walls are light blue and the one that sections off the bathroom and dressing room holds Austin's new large TV and the heavy dark wood cabinet that is adorned with mirror frames holding pictures of Austin, Grayson, and Ava along with a few trinkets. The hanging copper fireplace is still in the corner with roughly chopped logs stacked underneath it. The wall opposite is a light blue too with the dark wood slay bed pushed against it between the two matching oversize side tables. The duvet is a brilliant white, light blue throw pillows, and the dark blue throw makes it look warm and inviting.

The large black and white photos she had printed out and framed with white frames sit just above each side table - one is of Grayson with his head thrown back as he laughs and the other is of Grayson too, looking at Austin quietly with stars in his eyes as he performs - just like his mother had once done. "This is beautiful. This feels like you...like us. Are these my surprise?" he asks pointing to the pictures of Grayson. "No...come," she says taking his hand and leading him into the dressing room. "Close your eyes," she says at the doorway then directs him in and positions him in front of the back wall between their clothing. "Ok, open them," she says and stands back. Austin blinks his eyes open slowly and then stares at the wall in front of him.

"Peach..." he breathes out starting at the wall. "Do you like it? Is it ok?" she asks, a little unsure now. It's very personal and she is not sure she had done the right thing even if it had felt right at the time. "It's perfect..." he says reaching out and touching the frames softly. She had taken the frames that had once sat under the TV of Austin and Gracie and placed them on the wall. She had also taken a few of her favorite pictures of her and Carter, matched the frames, and mixed them in with Gracies and Austins. Under them sits two box frames - one holds the book Gracie had been reading and the other holds Gracie's tea mug. Under those is a little shelf and Gracie's jewelry box sits on it with another little frame. Austin lifts the frame and reads the inscription. "What sits at the bottom of the sea and twitches..." he reads then looks at her with a confused frown. "A nervous wreck... it's the joke I forgot to tell Carter before he slipped away," she says softly. Austin chuckles softly and replaces the frame carefully.

"I thought this jewelry box could stay here and then when Grayson is old enough...maybe when he finds love one day he could take his mother's things. It feels only right for him to have them." Austin nods then opens the lid slowly and looks inside. Then he lifts his hand and pulls off his wedding band, he still always wears it when he is at home, he slips it off and places it carefully in the jewelry box. "Gracie's ring will still be with me," he whispers. Ava stops him when he lifts his hand again to close the box and then takes off her wedding rings that she too had still always worn - placing them next to Austins in the jewelry box. Carter's wedding band will remain around her neck. But, this is right - it's time.

"Thank you, Peach...I don't think there is a woman in this world who loves and understands me the way you do," he says pulling her into his arms. "It's mutual, Austin, we love each other desperately and so we respect the lives we have led, the experiences we have had...they make us who we are and there is not one thing I don't love about you," Ava says. "Hold on tight, Peach, I'm gonna kiss you now," Austin chuckles dipping his head and kissing her. Ava does have to hold on tight as her legs go weak and her knees buckle slightly.

"We going to sleep here tonight?" Austin asks walking back to the bedroom. "We have been sleeping in the den for months now and you have started using the spare bathroom I have been using, it's a little upside down. But, I will leave that up to you."

"But you have done all this work..."

"I don't mind. We can sleep in the den until you are ready. We make everything work - we will make this work too."

"No. I am ready. We will sleep in here tonight. This is our room and this is where we will sleep," he says pulling her into his arms and lifting her until her legs are wrapped around his waist, her breath hitches when he pushes her up against the wall and attaches his lips to her neck. "Your skin is amazing, Peach, it's like satin," he mumbles running his lips along her skin causing goosebumps and a little giggle from her. "Why do you call me that? Is it because I like peaches?" she asks. "Uh-uh," he mumbles moving to the other side of her neck and sucking her skin. "Then why?" she asks giggling again. Austin lifts his head and looks down at her with hooded eyes and a smirk. "Have you seen your ass? It looks like a succulent juicy peach," he says sliding his hands to her ass and squeezing gently, "I want to sink my teeth into it," he adds.

Ava throws her head back and laughs then pushes him away slightly so he can put her down. "That's an absurd pet name then," she says walking out of the room.

"Your ass is absurd."

"Well as long as everyone thinks it's because I like peaches."

"No. Everyone knows it's because of your ass."

"Oh, really? And how do you know that."

"Because I told them. I have told everyone about your ass - in detail mind you. But, the rule is they can look - not touching."

"Austin!"

"Peeeach!" Austin says wrapping his arms around her and tickling her with his lips on her neck as they now walk in a sway into the kitchen while she laughs. "You wanna do a BBQ this weekend?" Ava asks still giggling. "Yeah we will invite the whole family, I know the mothers and Hope wanted to see the bedroom once you were done. You can show them how nicely I placed the furniture," he says. "Yeah...and maybe I will invite my mom too."