Confronting the Mastermind

Start from the beginning

"You mean the one who brainwashed Serena?" Yuya spoke with an expression of disgust. "Did you do something to him?"

"Yes." I simply answered. "We can go to the details later. Now Yuya, since when your right eye turned green? Did something happened before you arrived here?"

"What?!" Yuya said in shocked at this. He then look at his Duel Disk's screen, only to be shock once more because his right eye is indeed green. "How...? Since when...?"

"I think I know." Fubuki suddenly said. "You remember when you are surrounded by that dark aura during our Duel? I saw your right eye changed into green and your Dragon is growled at me."

"Now that I think of it...it seems that's the case." Yuya noted. "But still that's not answering anything. Why I have this power? Why Yuzu and I have three dopplegangers? Is this why the Professor wants me dead?"

"Master, the reason why Yuya's eyes is turned heterochromia is because Odd-Eyes is already become one with him." Tachyon explained. "I think during his Duel againts Fubuki, there's a...'special moment', which trigger the soul combine procedures."

"That means now Yuya has three souls on his body?! I just hope this soul combine didn't buff Z-ARC too." I inwardly hope. "We can ask Akabaka since he probably know the truth of your power. Right now, we should go to the throne room. I have a lot of complaints to confess."

"Trust me, we all have." Kaito chimed in.

"Took the words right out of my mouth." Yuya nodded. "Let's settle this once and for all."

"What impeccable timing you two have." A familiar voice was suddenly heard coming from the other end of the corridor. "As expected, you managed to reach this place as well."

We turned our gazes to that direction, only to see Reiji, Yuzu, Reira and Sora approaching us, accompanied by-

"Dad...?" Yuya's eyes opened wide upon catching of Yusho slowly walking forward while supporting himself with his cane. "Dad! You're really here! I knew you were alright!"

Yuya dashed forward after saying so, burying himself in Yusho's chest as his father chuckled and embraced him.

"It's been a really long time, Yuya." Yusho smiled as he placed his hands on his son's shoulders, scrutinizing him. "You've really grown, both as a man and as a Duelist. I'm...really sorry that I wasn't there for you and your mother all these years. It was terribly selfish of me to run off and abandon you all, but I felt obligated to try and reason with Leo before things got out of hand. Well, it's a little late for that now...I even not notice your eyes, Yuya. It was...different from what I remembered."

"That's alright, Dad." Yuya responded. "What matters is that you're here now. However, promise me to never leave us again, okay dad? Because if you did it again, I'll give you a punch instead of hug."

"I know I should tell Yoko before I go..." Yusho muttered and then turned to me. "And you must be one of my son's friends, Kuroba Mizael, right? I've heard about you from Yuzu, and I must say thank you for guiding and protecting Yuya when I was gone."

"It was a pleasure to meet you, Sakaki Yusho-san." I greeted him. "Just like we heard, you transported to Heartland and then sent to Fusion Dimension. I must say that your plan is reckless, Yusho-san. Your selfishness and recklessness made Yuya suffered."

"Indeed I am." He said with a shame. At the otherside, Asuka look at her brother with a teary eye as Fubuki let out a sad smile. Asuka then dashed and hugged her brother tightly, which Fubuki returned.

"Big brother...you finally back..." Asuka sobbed. "I was so scared...and worried..."

"I'm sorry, Asuka..." Fubuki patted his sister's head. "I let myself got captured...and because of that, I hurt many innocents people...and you."