Chapter 58 | Bride and Groom

Start from the beginning

Wildflowers are growing on every patch of grass you can see for miles. And just behind the altar, there is a large oak tree. It must be 400 years old or even older. The branches have grown long moss that trail down and shade the entire landscape.

I close my eyes and pretend to be there right now. I run my hands through the dirt and soak in the sunlight. Pressing my head against the soiled earth and taking every precious moment in, I breathe in the fresh countryside air with a new set of lungs; and an even healthier heart.

"How's my beautiful bride?" Blake's voice causes my eyes to open and enter reality.

"I'm hanging in there," My raspy voice startles me.

Blake walks to my side, ducking on his way into the room to assure his head doesn't hit the doorframe. His jet-black hair has once again grown to barely cover his eyes while he tips his head forward. I have grown to love everything about him. Not only am I deeply attracted to his strong features, but when he walks into a room, he puts me into a trance. Sometimes, I must pinch myself to remind myself that this isn't all a dream. I am getting married to Blake Wright.

He is mine, and I am his.

A rolling chair on the other side of the room finds itself being pulled to my bedside.

"Have you been to the venue yet?" I ask, this time in a quieter tone.

"Yes, I have," Blake calmly says before he strokes my head and plants a kiss on my temple. Waves of lovestruck fill my stomach.

"It's beautiful, Brynne. You're going to love it."

I smile while thinking about Blake in that beautiful place.

"We are getting married in two days," I state with a genuine laugh.

"Yes, we are," He grins, "Are you sure you're up for this?"

His body instinctively moves closer to mine, finding its spot on the very edge of my bed.

"Of course, I have never been more sure about anything."

He hums with a deep vibration in his chest.

I can almost hear his childhood voice through the occasional sound of full breaths he takes.

My hips wiggle towards his touch, causing him to laugh, showing off his cute dimples.

I let my arms wrap around his neck as I embrace him with a soft kiss.

Whilst inhaling his hair, my body immediately calms at just the presence of his lips on mine. He kisses my neck with the most beautiful smile threatening to break through at any moment.

I feel as though our bodies are just vessels for never-ending feelings that we possess for each other.

If time and space weren't real, I'm almost certain our souls would find one another without fault. He will always be my soulmate, and I am his.

Damn, I need to write some of this stuff for my vows.

"Have you written your vows yet?" I ask while playfully biting his lip as I pull away from him.

Blake is left smitten for seconds before visibly collecting his thoughts. His crystal eyes sparkle against the midday sunlight that shines through my sheer curtains.

"I've been working on them for the past couple of days," He responds while messing with the wool knit blanket on my lap.

"Have you?"

Internally, I cringe.

I've always been bad at putting my feelings on paper. No matter how hard I try, I can't seem to articulate my feelings in a way that does them any justice. It's almost like my emotions are stuck in my brain, and my mouth is the cage locking them in.