Chapter 18 | Lust

I didn't know how hard I was falling for him until he kissed me

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

I didn't know how hard I was falling for him until he kissed me.

Every part of my body was on fire. My lips were burning from the touch of his against mine. My heart was beating a mile a minute, and my stomach was all in knots. It was a feeling that sparked something inside of me. Something that I didn't know was there.

He now has me under his spell, and I've failed at the one thing I was responsible for. The one thing that I was supposed to avoid at all costs. I'm beginning to fall in love.

I'm such an idiot.

I know that this is not going to end well.

But I can't stop myself.

I am removed from my thoughts by his deep voice, "Where to next?"

He backs out of the parking lot.

I quickly pull out the list in my pocket and attempt to read number 2, which is difficult because the pink ink has smudged from my sweat.

2. See a Galapagos turtle

"Are there any aquariums around here?" I directly question.

He looks at me confusedly, and raises his full black eyebrows.

"What kind of school field trip is this?"

"Don't question it," I try to ease his apprehension, "Just trust me."

I think back to earlier today when he asked me to trust him before we jumped out of the window. Right now, I need some of the same faith from him.

He sighs and reluctantly puts in the nearest aquarium on his GPS. Luckily, it's connected to a zoo, so we can go ahead and knock out number 9 (hugging a sloth), as well.

"It's two hours away," Blake remarks, "I don't think the aquarium is even going to be open by the time we get there."

A frown replaces my once bright smile.

Sadly, I look over at the clock on his dashboard, and unfortunately, it reads nine-fifteen p.m.

What now?

"Would you like to stop somewhere and sleep? Or will that mess up your project?" He asks in a sarcastic tone.

My stomach turns at the thought of sleeping in the same room as Blake.

I uneasily glance at him before checking my phone. Twenty missed calls, sixteen voicemails, and almost one hundred messages.

My eyes widen.

None from Grant.

Most are from my mom and dad. There is the occasional voicemail from Dr. Khan, but that's typical. There is not one day that goes by where he doesn't call me and beg me to come to the hospital.