Chapter 2 | Twin Horns

Start from the beginning

'It's surprising how fast communication is in this medieval world, but I guess that's to be expected when they have things like bonds.'

In both of my old worlds there was no such thing as tameable monsters since in order to be classified as a monster they needed a certain amount of miasma in their system, and because of this miasma all monsters would rather die than surrender to another being with the minor exceptions of overlords and dragons which were almost considered legends.

'I wonder what type of bond I'll get in the future.'

I was well aware that the type of bond a person gets is mostly driven from luck, but I was also curious as to how having a mental connection with someone like me would affect their mind.

'Hopefully they won't go insane, but I should learn to conceal my memories before they become too intelligent just in case.'

As I was lost in thought I suddenly felt someone pull off my shirt and call my name in a sad tone.

"Hey Arthur"

I recognized the voice of my sister who was sleeping on the other side of our queen sized bed and hummed in response.

"Are you ok with moving to Xyrus?"

Her tone only seemed to grow more saddened as she spoke. I felt slight confusion at her question before realizing something.

'They never asked my opinion about moving and she might think that I feel left out.'

So after figuring out her intentions behind her question I looked over to her and gave a tired nod while saying.

"I don't mind, the city actually sounds pretty interesting."

At my words I could hear an audible sigh as she hugged and said.

"Alright then, let's go to sleep. After all, we'll need the energy for tomorrow's packing."

I didn't respond to her words but rather gave a tired yawn and cleared my mind as my body subconsciously curled up into a ball.

"Goodnight Arthur."

"Goodnight."

...

The next few days passed quickly as we packed all our belongings into wooden crates and practically emptied our house of any movable item as we sold everything we couldn't take with us.

As I was staring at my now empty room I heard the sound of a carriage approaching from a distance and turned around to leave our house.

'I guess they're here, the Twin Horns.'

As I exited our house I saw a group of five approaching as they chatted amongst each other. Seeing this I couldn't help but sigh at the impending social interaction as I started to wonder where my past social skills went.

'It seems I've become somewhat of an introvert.'

The first to reach us was a red headed spearsman who seemed to size both me and my sister up as he approached us with a cocky smile.

"So are you two Ray's children?"

The question seemed to be more of a formality but my sister gave a short bow as she greeted the man who I had determined to be Adam from my father's stories.

"Hello, I'm Athena and this is my brother Arthur. Nice to meet you and thank you for taking care of my parents in the past."

Adam seemed to find my sister's behavior extremely amusing as he slapped my fathers back with enough force to make him flinch as he playfully asked.

"Are you sure they're really yours, aya Ray?"

'I sometimes wonder the same thing...'

My father just laughed off Adam's comment as he introduced him to us.

"This is my old adventuring buddy Adam and don't take anything he says to heart!"

Adam didn't seem to like my fathers comment and winned in protest, but as I was watching their amusing interaction I suddenly felt a chill and dodged backwards with full force.

As I did so I watched a blond blurr run past me and grab Athena as she was distracted by Adam and my father.

'Who in the hell-'

"That was a nice dodge kid."

My thoughts were interrupted as I felt a hand on my shoulder along with a voice as I noticed that my sudden dodge had drastically lowered my awareness.

Taking a second to regain my composure I looked back at the person behind and saw a young black haired half elf.

'Ellen Shard, non-elemental archer.'

After confirming her identity I managed to fully calm myself down as I looked towards the blond haired woman who was suffocating my sister.

'Angela Rose, wind conjurer.'

From the stories we had heard I was aware that she didn't mean to hurt Athena and left them be as I looked towards a huge black haired giant that was approaching us at a steady pace.

'Durden Walker, Earth Conjurer.'

As he arrived in front of us he pulled Athena out of Angela's arms and set her back down on the ground, giving her a shoulder pat before turning towards my father and mother to greet them.

'And the last one should be...'

I turned my gaze towards the carriage to see an extremely young blacked haired red eyed girl as she sat silently while returning my gaze.

'...Jasmine Flamesworth.'

Looking at her face and stature I could estimate her to only be around 14, but to my surprise she had the highest core stage amongst the group at a solid orange.

'She might be useful in the future.'

After a few seconds of staring at me she finally broke her gaze and went inside the carriage, and it was around this time when Hellen spoke again.

"Don't mind her, she's just like that she doesn't mean any harm."

Hearing her words I just nodded before grabbing my personal items and heading towards the carriage not bothering to try and get to know the rest of the twin horns as they wouldn't matter in the grand scheme of things anyway.

'Sigh... this is going to be a long trip.'

A/N

I'm almost done with writing the boring chapters and the next chapter is when the story actually kicks off.

Don't forget to vote~

~1600 words