Chapter 1

"Sasha, wake up, it's your 18th for goodness sake, you can't just sleep in!" My father boomed from downstairs, don't get me wrong, he was never particularly mean or anything, but he wasn't exactly the most quiet, or subtle person on the face of the planet, especially with him being alpha and all...

"Okay, I'm up," I shouted back, right before mumbling under my breath, "don't get your panties in a twist..."

"I heard that!" He replied, I was the only one brave enough to smart off to him, his alpha powers have literally NO effect on me for some reason, I mean, I do have alpha blood, but, it's no hidden fact that he is more powerful than me, and the fact that I haven't even shifted yet should make him have even more power over me, but, it doesn't...

You will see why, soon enough. I heard a voice purr in the back of my mind, it has been letting itself be known more and more the past couple days, me being so close to my first shift and all.

I ran downstairs after getting ready with a bag full of clothes, water, and a couple granola bars, and headed off to school, now, I know what you're thinking "that's some weird things to be taking to school, not even your books or paper and pencil?" Right? Well, this is no ordinary school, I am enrolled at black moon high, our packs school for werewolves.

I ran out the door, all the way to school, with it being on pack territory, and we wolves having increased stamina and speed, we don't really have a need for buses or cars, unless we're going to town.

I made it to school to be greeted by my best friend Kristy, "Hey girrrl, you look good, can't wait to see the real you, I bet you'll be gorgeous, being an alpha and all." She then winked at me and nudged my shoulder with her elbow, she's 18, so she's already had her first shift, but sometimes, I wonder who the older one is between the two of us...

We walked into the cafeteria, and sat down at our table, me, being of alpha blood, you would expect me to sit with the popular crowd, the buffs, cheerleaders, etc. But honestly, I've always preferred the "geeks and weirdos" as everyone calls them. Breakfast was un-eventful, we pretty much sat around with everyone chatting my ears off asking me questions like have you heard her voice and has she shown you what she looks like, and so on, and I answered them honestly, she had spoken, but, when I tried to go deeper into my mind to see her, she would push me back out saying "not yet, I want you to be surprised as well, little one."

We got to our first class and the teacher immediately pulled me to the front and said, "Hello everyone, today is going to be Sasha's first shift, let's go outside." We all followed to the clearing outside our school, this is where all the new shifters go for their first time, "Okay Sasha, breathe, take in all the scents around you, feel the earth beneath you, become one with your surroundings, and focus on your inner wolf, let her make herself known."

I did as instructed and almost instantly I heard her say it is time.

My bones began breaking and re-arranging themselves, it hurt worse than I ever imagined, but I had a very high tolerance for pain, being of alpha blood, but, I could tell something was off, sure, we were bigger than a normal wolf, but it felt like I was going to be HUGE, I didn't expect to be this big in my wolf form, I also felt bulkier and heavier than a normal wolf too... It wasn't until I heard the chattering of "what the?" And "Oh, my..." that I realized something was wrong, after my shift was complete, I looked down to see not my feet, nor wolf paws... but tiger paws...

I looked at the students, and realized just how big I am in this form, I am even with Brett, the leading quarter back, and he stands a firm 6'4"... A average wolf is 4-5 feet at best... my dad being just slightly under 6ft. I kept feeling a strange breeze from behind me, I looked around to see that the trees weren't moving, then, I noticed a strange weight on my back, so, I quickly looked over my shoulder, only to realize, I HAVE WINGS?! They were gorgeous, as white as fresh fallen snow at the beginning of winter, with black stripes that faded into a near grey at the ends of the feathers, they looked just like something out of a story book.

Everyone stared at me in awe as I tried to learn to walk on four limbs, I stumbled a bit, being used to always walking on two legs, though it didn't take me as long as I expected, once I had a feel for walking, I beat my wings to pick myself up off the ground, I raised my wings high and dropped them with a powerful thrust, and in an instant, I was soaring through the air, it took me a moment to get my bearings, but, once I did, I was doing all sorts of aerial manouvers. I weaved between treetops, did backflips, and even flew low enough a few times for other students to brush my fur. I landed gracefully in the grass of the clearing, and shifted back into my human form, yes, I was naked, but in the werewolf community, that's not a big deal, I walked over to my bag, and slid my other change of clothes on.

"S-Sasha, how did you do that?" Asked Mrs. Hale.

"Ummm, I'm not sure... I guess I'm a were-tiger?" Was the only response I could think of, she slowly shook her head no, and responded.

"No, no you're not... t-that, was the legendary tigreign, an ancient race, thought to have died off decades ago..."

It took a moment for her words to fully sink in, but I was quickly met by Kristy saying "yeah girrrl, gimme some skin." And high fived me, I swear, if anything actually managed to phase that girl, I'd think the apocalypse had begun...

The rest of the school day was mostly un-eventful, other than the constant murmurs of, "oh, here she comes" or "what a weirdo" I didn't really care though, being small, even though I have alphas blood, has always gotten me some funny looks. Though to be honest, I was hoping for something a bit more... normal.

I quickly ran home to give my parents the news, wondering just how shocked they would be to find out. I found my father first, and the look he gave me when I did, looked like someone had just ran over a puppy... So, I asked, "Whats wrong?" I soon regretted doing so.

"Sasha, sit down, we need to talk." Was his quick response, so, I did as he asked.

"Okay, what is it?" I asked again.

"I- I heard that you are a werecat, a tigreign, to be exact."

"Ummm, yeah, just found out earlier actually... Why?"

"Well, as you know, this is a werewolf pack, and, well-"

"Wait, are you saying that I can't be alpha, just because I'm not a wolf!?" I was absolutely dumbfounded, how could he just deny me my birth right, just because I'm not a freaking wolf!?

"Sasha, I'm sorry, but only a wolf can be alpha, I know this may be upsetting-"

"What!? You're serious!? I've studied, and trained my entire life to become the perfect alpha to lead this pack, and you're telling me that I'm not qualified, because I'm not like you!?" By now, my werecat, whose name I learned is Corina, was starting to get more than a little angry as well.

"Look Sasha, I'm only trying to do what's best for you, and the pack, a werecat wouldn't be a good alpha of a wolf pack."

"And just what is it that makes you the judge of that!?" I half growled, Corina beginning to make her presence known, she was getting more than just a little angry, and to be honest, I couldn't blame her.

"Sasha, calm down, I only-"

"No, you know what? I'm out of here, that way, no one will ever have to see the failed alpha! I, Sasha Silverblood, resign my bond to the black moon pack!" I knew it was a bit childish of me, but I simply couldn't stay, nothing is worse than having the alpha or beta position stripped from you before even taking the position, you would be the laughing stock of the entire pack, so, I decided I'd rather be a rogue, than deal with that. Just as soon as I said it, I could feel the bond with the pack weakening, I never had a particularly strong bond with them, probably due to me being a werecat, but even I was surprised that it vanished as quickly as it did. I ran out the door, with nothing more than my credit card, right about $100, and the clothes on my back, luckily, i had yet to take off my bag, so I threw my things, including my clothes into my bag, and shifted into my tigreign form, and I quickly leaped into the air, and was off to who knows where.