Then, to break my sense of peace, my phone rang in my pocket.

"Hola Félix, where are you?" I answered, annoyance coming through in my voice.

"Yeah about that," he said slowly.

"What do you mean? Félix you are coming aren't you?"

"Um, well I was, but then my boss called and said I needed to look over some shots so," he said sheepishly down the line. "Sorry."

I felt the anger rise in me. "I don't know why I bother to ask you for anything. You always find something more important than me anyway."

"Y/n that's not true, I am sorry."

"Sure," I replied and hung up on him.

I stared back out to see, but it didn't have the same affect on me now that I was stranded. I stopped myself from panicking and nearly called over a taxi but then realised I didn't want to spend an hour in a car with someone I didn't know. Without thinking, I dialled the only number I could think of.

"Carlos?"

"Y/n what's up?" his voice soothed me.

"Are you still in Barcelona?" I asked, my voice was shaking , I was trying to stop myself from crying.

"Yeah, are you ok?" Carlos sounded genuinely concerned.

"Um, not really," I sniffed. "Félix said he'd pick me up and take me home, but he's not here and I don't know what to do or why I called you."

He interrupted me. "Where are you?"

"At the beach."

"I'm coming to get you, give me 2 minutes," before I could say anything, he put the phone down.

Two minutes later, as promised, he pulled up on the road in his convertible Porsche, and he waved me in.

"Carlos I am so sorry for calling, I know you're busy," I started but he shook his head.

"Don't worry about it, I was going home anyway," he smiled and my stomach filled with butterflies.

We set off, roof down and it felt like we were flying down the costal roads. After much arguing, I had finally convinced him to allow me to play Taylor Swift. I leaned back and looked at the sky as 'The very first night' played in the background.

"It's so beautiful here," Carlos smiled.

He wasn't wrong. The cliffs were glowing but eh sunlight and the sea shone a bright blue. Birds flew and cried through the sky.

"Come on, pull over here," I pointed to the side of the road. "It's too pretty not too."

Dutifully, he pulled over and I hopped out of the car. I ran over to the side of the road and noticed a small path that led down to the bay.

"Carlos do you reckon we have time to go down there?" I turned around to see Carlos walking towards me, sunglasses on, white shirt flowing in the breeze.

"If I say no would it really matter?" He laughed.

"Not really come on," I grabbed his arm and pulled him down the rough path. "Look at this Carlos. It's amazing."

"It's a beautiful view," his eyes met mine for a brief second before he looked back out at the sea.

Small waves crashed against the sand. There was a hushed silence and it was perfect.

"I know this sounds a bit random, but I'm sorry for leaving you out when we were younger," Carlos looked at me. "Félix always thought you'd ruin everything if you joined in."

I smiled. "It's ok, I was annoying. Remember that time when you threw a water balloon at me and I cried and told Mamá?"

"Yeah, I wasn't allowed to go karting that week," he chuckled.

"Why did you come and get me?"

"What?"

"Why did you come and pick me up?"

"You called," he shrugged.

"But," before I could finish the sentence a clap of thunder shook the sky.

Heavy raindrops fell in my face and I squealed as it poured. We scrambled up the path and race back to the car, now soaking wet.

"Carlos, the roof!" I exclaimed as I sat in the soaked seat, still being drowned.

"This is the problem with convertibles," he pressed the button but nothing happened. "Oh come on!"

I burst out laughing as the roof stayed firmly put and rain continued to soak his car.

"Stop laughing and help me get it up!" He said, but smiled at the same time.

I jumped back out of the car and we both tried to pull the roof up manually, eventually it moved and we hopped back into the car. Neither of us could stop laughing, it was like we were just two kids again.

We finally turned to look at each other. Carlos' dark hair was soaked and his white shirt was completely transparent. I caught myself staring and looked into his eyes. I bit my lip to stop myself doing something stupid.

However, Carlos reached over and tucked a piece of hair behind my ear. I took a sharp breath. Before I could do anything else, his lips crashed into mine.