Chapter 41

A/N:  Before I start the chapter I just wanted to apologize really quick.  I meant to have this chapter ready last week, but I was slowed down by the fact that it was an inventory week for my husband.  Those weeks once a month throw us both completely off on our schedule and sleep.  So, I'm sorry.  

I also want to say that while I am getting better with my writing it might slow down again simply because I think I injured myself pretty good yesterday.  I don't know what I did exactly, but when I sat down I think I at the very least pulled a tendon in my knee pretty bad.  It hurts every time I stress my knee to either sit down or get up.  So that's phun...  (In the totally sarcastic way hence why I spelled it wrong.)  Here's to hoping it isn't exceptionally bad, but if it doesn't seem to get better over the weekend I am definitely making an appointment with my doctor about it.

Anyway... On to the chapter.

Posted June 2nd, 2023

2762 words

So, before going to bed last night we all decided that the first step for our day of relaxation was to sleep in

So, before going to bed last night we all decided that the first step for our day of relaxation was to sleep in. My eyes popped open of their own accord at around 9:30, and even though I tried to turn back over, get comfortable, and fall back asleep for a while longer, apparently my inner clock was set on keeping me awake. It doesn't take me long to admit defeat and decide to go ahead and take a shower. As I was drying myself off I couldn't help but wonder if perhaps I might end up being the first one awake, and if that wasn't the case I had to wonder which of my mates might be awake instead.

I quickly finished getting ready and headed downstairs to answer my own unspoken quandary. I got my answer pretty much right away when I noticed the pink haired eldest. Seokjin paused whatever he was doing to give me a sweet smile and greet me. "Morning Sweetheart." He punctuated his greeting with a sweet peck to my lips. "Mm. I love that I get to look forward to that every day for the rest of our days."

"You don't expect everyone to be up for breakfast. Do you?" I ask, eyeballing all the ingredients he already has out.

"No, they probably won't be up for at least another hour yet. I thought I could at least have brunch ready for them by then." He smiles over at me. "Did you want to help me?" Of course I don't hesitate to offer my assistance.

He was off by about a half an hour. They all ended up, practically like clockwork, out of their rooms and at the table by 11:00 am. It was after Namjoon's third cup of coffee that he turned to Jungkook to ask him to get the downstairs set up like an in-home cinema. We actually didn't get around to it the previous day. We did still lounge around, but we never made it downstairs. Instead we mostly rested in the living room area, and some of us took turns playing card games at the dining room table.

Per normal, when I walk into the dynamic dungeon I find myself astounded by the change. My Demon/Púca mate outdid himself once again. The room was a mashup of burgundy and mulberry hues, much like the hues of my bedroom come to think of it. There were four rows lined up that each had eight seats of chairs. Yet for some reason they all insisted on sitting in the second row with me.