Chapter 18

4788 words

Posted 10/8/21

Most resources will be linked in the comments to the pictures.  I also had to look up some Greek Mythology stuff for this chapter as well so that link can be found via comments on the 'Resources" at the bottom of the chapter.

Traditionally, if someone wants to send a message to someone who is living in another circle of the Hell dimension they would have to recruit a courier, hire a Nalvdrekt,  or simply deliver the message themselves in person

Traditionally, if someone wants to send a message to someone who is living in another circle of the Hell dimension they would have to recruit a courier, hire a Nalvdrekt, or simply deliver the message themselves in person. Our Legion doesn't often operate under the same methods.

First of all, we don't trust couriers to deliver our messages to others, nor are there many beings we remain in contact with that would use that specific service themselves. We also don't often use Nalvdrekt to send out our messages. The large bat-like shadow gargoyle demonspawn often seem to make Jungkook uncomfortable. I think it has something to do specifically with his rabbit alter possibly being skittish around them, although I've never outright asked him. Of course, that also isn't a known fact among anyone outside of our Legion; so of course that doesn't stop others from sending them our way. Even I find them a bit off putting if I'm honest. They teleport or 'blink in' accompanied by shadow and smoke which is startling enough to begin with since there is no warning beforehand. Then you have the eerie fact that their skin tones are in varying shades of the specific hues Everleigh herself had mentioned when we first told her we were Demons.

Because we don't use either of those options to contact others that of course means that we tend to do things the hard way and deliver our messages in person

Because we don't use either of those options to contact others that of course means that we tend to do things the hard way and deliver our messages in person. I'd already been planning on going with Everleigh to Sheol today to retrieve her weapons, but honestly I was wanting to go to Abaddon once more as well. I had hoped that Adephagia would be able to give me more information regarding Dionysus' current whereabouts so I could bring up Everleigh's existence with him personally. It's not that I didn't have a level of trust with his second in command, but this was information I would definitely feel more comfortable if I were able to deliver it to him myself. And that's simply because it regarded each of us in our Legion on a very personal level.

That of course got me thinking about the fact that we hadn't told her yet that she was our mate. I know we should; she probably thought she would be here temporarily after all. Hades, I should have told her when we had our moment together. The moment where I fed her and got to savor the sweet flavor of her lips. She had tasted like both the sweet flavor of vanilla and a bittersweet, almost woodsy, spicy cinnamon flavor. Of course there was also that underlying, indescribable flavor that was pure Everleigh. My treacherous thoughts took me another direction leaving me wondering what the sweet flavor of her arousal tasted like. A very photographic projection of her thighs wrapped around my head had my cock growing immediately stiff tenting the sweatpants I currently was wearing.