T W E L V E

Zoe would not stop pacing back and forth, talking about how bad this would look before a new album was released. Clearly she was flustered. Matt slapped Alex on the back and gave him a "right on dude" before pressing for more horny details. He still didn't know it had been me with Alex the night before. Alex was trying to calm Zoe down with the usual "it was nothing serious I swear" before shooting a desperate look at me for help. I was taking it all in, trying not to get overwhelmed, as I had no idea how to handle the situation.

I shrugged at Alex's plea for help. I didn't know how I could. He turned his attention back to Zoe,

"Zoe seriously it was nothing crazy. Winona and I just-"

As soon as she heard my name she froze and looked up at him.

"Wait," her eyes flicked over to me after she digested what was said, "so it was you two?" She motioned a finger between the two of us.

"Yes, honestly it's really not a big deal-"

"Ok wait... you two went on a date?" She seemed to be asking questions but not listening.

"Yes..." Alex was as confused as I was, "but it wasn't a big deal-" Zoe interrupted him again

"Wait ok so you two went on a date," she sat down, as if it would help her process, "you know the label won't be happy to hear that you're dating somebody that works for you right?"

"Woah woah woah" I finally spoke up, "we aren't dating," I felt Alex's eyes on me for a moment, "Honestly it was a friends things. Just celebrating the new job and stuff." I looked over at Alex to confirm and saw his eyes quickly look away before meeting mine again. He cleared his throat,

"Uhm, yeah that's exactly what it was- I mean, that's all it was."

There was a brief silence as Zoe processed the situation. Feeling a small sense of relief, I loosened up and sat back in my chair. I shouldn't have gotten too comfortable though, because Matt broke the silence with a laugh before turning his phone towards us,

"Are you two sure that's all it was??"

Alex and Zoe leaned in to get a closer look. I held my breath, nervous of what was about to greet me on the screen. I leaned in too, to find a Twitter post pulled up. The tweet read "tik tok rapper bbno$ spotted with mystery girl last night at the cave" above a photo of Alex and i with our tongues down each other's throats. The moment last night did not feel as intense as that photo made it look, or maybe I just hadn't realized...

Below the post were some replies,

"Wow he really did not care at all"
"Bro ate more than his veggies last night"
"Who tf is that?"
"Niiiice"

Alex and I leaned back as Zoe got up and began pacing again. Alex immediately when to his phone, probably to see what else was out there. I turned to Matt. A mischievous grin was plastered on his face as he kept eyeing me and Alex.

"What.." I was so taken back by his expression in the moment, "what are you thinking?"

He looked between us again, plotting, then answered,

"I totally have an idea..."