T W O

I made it to the apartment much sooner than I was prepared to. I was hoping to get a little more time in the back of the lyft to process everything and prepare myself to  meet this guy. It was almost 7pm and I wasn't sure if he'd be home or not. He said he'd leave the door open and to let myself in whether he was there or he wasn't. I stepped out of the lyft, struggled to pull my suitcase along with me, and wheeled it to the door.

Breathe in...

My hand closed around the cool, golden handle. A slight breeze blew my hair as I sighed out. I turned the handle..

Nothing.

I didn't hear any sounds, I didn't see any movement. I could only assume he wasn't home. I walked in and directly ahead of the front door was a kitchen with a living area to the left of it. Large windows throughout the room allowed the golden sunset to shine into the apartment.

The kitchen was so nice. Black cabinets lined the wall and formed the island, with marble countertops to match. The oven, fridge, and microwave were sleek and dark grey. It was so clean, too. The living room beside it had a huge tv on the wall with a fireplace underneath and a large grey sectional in front of it to match. Beneath the TV was a shelf with  a PS4 and a Nintendo Switch on it. There were posters on the walls and plants peppered around the room. There was a desk with a massive PC computer beside it. There was so much to take in and I wasn't sure where to start.

Scanning the rooms, I noticed a lone piece of paper laid on the empty countertop of the island. I approached it and saw somewhat scribbled handwriting followed by a drawing of a UFO abducting a cow. Interesting. I picked it up.

Winona (like Ryder, that's cool)
Hey, sorry I'm not home. I should be back later tonight. Your room is down the hall and on the right. The bathroom is at the back of the hallway. The room on the left is mine. Hope that helps.
Alex

Well alright, I thought to myself, putting the note down, here we go.

The room had a queen sized bed with nice sheets on it, something I wasn't really expecting from a guy's apartment. The bed frame was metal and modern. A large window at the far wall let the sunset shine in. There was a walk in closet that had a separate shelf to put all my shoes in. Across from the bed was a sleek, black dresser with a TV hanging on the wall above it. On the dresser was a towel, a loofah, two remotes, and a bouquet of black roses in a vase.

Holy sht.. what a gentleman...?

I had found the room without any problem, but the real problem was when the unpacking began. I don't know how I managed to fit so much into one suitcase, but I did.

Three hours later and the unpacking and settling in was finally done. After one final glance over and efficiently stuffing my suitcase into the back of the closet, I grabbed my bathroom supplies and headed for the shower.

Another nice room, the bathroom was very modern, with simple but sleek appliances and a cool, black and white tiled floor. There was a double sink, so I set my stuff by the empty side, undressed and got into the shower.

What the hell am I doing here, I thought while soaping up my body, Living with a guy? Something I never would have considered until recently...

As I washed the day off of my body and out of my hair, I thought about what guy Alex might be. What did he do for work that he could afford such a nice apartment? Did he have friends over often? Maybe even a girlfriend? Was he actually a serial killer?

One final rinse and I shut off the water. After ringing my hair out, I reached for my towel and wrapped myself in it. I checked my face in the mirror, went through my skincare routine real quick, gathered my things, then opened the door without any real thought.

I looked over my shoulder to make sure I had everything, confirmed that I did, turned around to head to my room, and froze.