she barely even knew that that was!

GAIUS AND merlin had discovered some sort of underground treasure with a large stone in a statues chest. so they put guards on the door and only arthur kept the keys.

isabella went down the steps in the courtyard, thanking a knight for their arm to help her, and rolled her eyes when she saw merlin get on his hands and knees so arthur could step on his back and get onto the horse.

"arthur!" she snapped, merlin jumping in response which caused arthur to trip.

"why do you always do that?" arthur sighed.

"i know right?" merlin huffed.

"no, you! jumping whenever someone says something." arthur argued.

merlin pulled a face as they both turned to isabella, arthur smacking merlin's arm to get him to bow. "you might be friends but you still bow in respect, idiot." arthur told him.

isabella rolled her eyes once again. "why are you using merlin as a stool?" she asked in annoyance as arthur looked slightly stunned.

"because he was there." he lied as isabella squinted, trying to see if he was lying.

"why is that strange man staring?" isabella thought out loud as arthur got onto the horse, but the saddle came undone as arthur fell to the floor, "merlin!" he yelled.

"i don't understand." merlin looked at him in shock as isabella eyed the unknown man curiously as he brought arthur's horse back. almost as if he was waiting for him.

"well, there's a suprise!" arthur replied sarcastically.

"i did that girth up myself." merlin said in disbelief.

"i think that might have been the problem." arthur smiled sarcastically at him. merlin's face dropped.

"it wasn't my fault."

"do you want me to fit your girth properly for you, sir?" the strange man walked over with arthur's horse.

as arthur went to reply, isabella beat him to it."no thank you, you can go now." she told him as arthur sent her a look.

"isabella." he warned before turning to the man. "thank you."

"it's an honour to be of service to the prince. oh, and of course your grace." he bowed when he noticed isabella who sighed.

"of course it is. thank you but goodbye."

arthur hushed her impatiently, "an honour. do you that, merlin?" he grinned as merlin rolled his eyes.

"allow me the honour of brushing your clothes down." the man said as he brushed down arthur's coat and isabella and merlin shared a look.

"the honour." arthur made sure to whisper to them both with wide eyes and an arrogant smirk.

"anything else i can do for you, sire? your grace?" he asked with a smile as isabella eyed him.

"well, you can give merlin here a kick up the backside." arthur smiled happily.

"arthur." isabella snapped, "leave the boy alone. merlin, have the afternoon off." she told merlin who didn't wait for arthur to speak before running off.