𝓪𝓬𝓽 𝓯𝓲𝓯𝓽𝓮𝓮𝓷-𝓱𝓸𝓹𝓮

Moon. They had a moon until Vaemond would appear and the trial. The Queen and Otto will pass judgment. Raella cursed the Gods under her breath as she returned from the courtyard where she said goodbye to her family. Moon for hopefully creating a new heir by Aemond and Raella. The princess nervously twirled the rings on her hands. Moon. Will she find Aemond in their chambers? She didn't know what to expect. Queen? She had heard of such customs. Eventually, not noticing it, she reached the door of the chambers in stress.

She was standing in front of them on the edge of crying from stress and exhaustion. Criston Cole stood on one side of them wondering what to do and what had happened.
"Raella?"
"I'm afraid."
"It's normal. Everyone goes through it sometimes."
She nodded her head very quickly, panicked, swallowed and took a few deep breaths, placing her hand over her heart. No matter what awaited her, she had to face it. With Aemond. She pushed open the door, lifting her chin high and holding her hands together. Aemond was sitting in an armchair by the fireplace. He looked at her as she sat on the couch next to him. But then he looked back at the flames again.

"Difficult situation?"
"Not for you huh?"
"Brother taught me what he wanted... True, on silk street under duress, but..."
"Wait what? And Alicent just sent him to talk to you about the heir? Unbelievable."
The girl shook her head, falling back on the pillows. Aemond caught her hand on the armrest on his side. His wife straightened up looking straight into his eye.
"If you don't want something..."
She smiled and lightly brushed his cheek with her hand while rubbing her thumb against his palm.
"It's not that... I always wanted to have children, especially with the person I love. I'm just afraid of what this will mean for us, the court and the succession."

He nodded understandingly. But Raella finally looked up from their clasped hands and looked straight at him. Her gaze softened. He saw concern, goodness and... Love in her eyes. Trusting that he wouldn't hurt her. It's my duty to protect her. And that's what he'll do. No matter when, in what situation or where. He will do it all. He will die for her. He will die with her. The girl, looking into his eyes for a moment, noticed all this. She felt safe, trusting her husband implicitly. At that point, she said she would trust him with her life and everything else. She knew and saw it with her own eyes that he cared about her. And the family they could create.

She slowly released his hand and he released hers without hesitation. She cupped his cheek with her hand. She slowly approached the kiss. Long, calm and thoughtful. Every other one was identical. Not pushy. Testing. Safe. Checking if he feels comfortable with it. After a while, they didn't even notice that they got up without looking away from each other and walked, joined by hands, to the bedroom chamber. He loved her. She loved him. Unaware. She is naive, he is ignorant.

A red star will ignite when two flames join in the night.

She should have guessed. The beginning of their end, which began on their wedding day. When they took their oaths. When the sept joined their hands. No, actually it was much earlier. It started with an engagement proposal. Since their arrival after so many years. Little did they know that it would lead to ruin and death for both of them. Their hearts. The ruins of their world. Because in that moment, when she pulled the shirt over her head, he was her whole world. When he took off his shoes, he knew that she was his whole world. They couldn't imagine parting or changing the way it was. They did not expected it.

Surprises are the worst.

The knight at the princess's door hated surprises. But one was already on her way. The queen hurried around the bend and stopped beside Criston without looking at him.

"My queen."
"Criston, I need you at a little council meeting."
The knight frowned.
"In the middle of the night? I'm supposed to wake up..."
He reached for the door handle of the young couple's room. But the Queen stopped him.
"No. Princess Raella and Prince Aemond don't need to know about this."
It was very suspicious. Weird. Not like a queen. Has Princess Rhaenyra been notified of this? Probably not.