𝓪𝓬𝓽 𝓯𝓸𝓾𝓻-𝓫𝓮𝓪𝓾𝓽𝔂

It's time to say goodbye. The wind in Raella's eyes that day only made her want to cry. Rhaenyra was leaving with her husband and children back to dragonstone. They won't be back until Raella and Lucerys's name day and for Aemond and Raella's wedding. Jace wasn't crying, but Luke was already shedding a tear as he hugged his twin sister for goodbye. Raella also said goodbye to Aegon and Viserys. And then it was time for Daemon and her mother. Raella cried in her mother's arms. She couldn't imagine parting. They were always together. Daemon hugged his daughter.

The princess watched their wagons drive through the gate, not realizing that she was being watched by the one-eyed prince from the window of the Red Keep. She quickly wiped her cheeks and, picking up her dress, climbed the stairs to enter her new home.

Alicent decided to visit Raella. At the door she met Criston, whom she assigned to watch over her son's fiancée. He nodded to her, and she stopped to talk to him.
"Is the princess at chambers?"
The knight nodded.
"She hasn't been out since her family left"
Alicent nodded, peeling the cuticles from her fingers. An ugly habit that has accompanied the Queen since childhood. She hid her hands in the folds of her dress. Cole opened the door for her. Raella was sitting in an armchair by the fireplace reading.

She got up as the Queen entered and curtsied. Then she sat back in her chair, reading. Alicent looked around the girl's room. She did not decorate it with anything that had not been in this chamber before. Alicent stood on the other side of the fireplace, rustling her green dress.

"I heard you love spending time in the garden"
The princess shrugged.
"Why didn't you have the servants bring some flowers here?"
The girl finally broke away from the book.
"I have no service"
The woman frowned upon hearing her words.
"How is it? I ordered you to assign at least three women..."
"I sent them back."
The queen sighed and sat down in the chair across from Raella.
"Raella, you are my son's fiancée. If people find out you don't have servants, they'll start to suspect something." Alicent smoothed the folds of her dress." I'll assign you the most trusted maids immediately. Now that your mother is not here, I am responsible for you."
Raella pressed her lips into a thin line but said nothing. She got up and nodded to the woman, then quickly left without closing the door behind her. Cristone Cole raised an eyebrow at the sight of the princess bursting out of her chambers in such a hurry, but followed her without question, glancing at Alicent as she left the chamber. Raella had to check if the raven had delivered a new message.

Dear Raella,
We heard about your engagement at Driftmark. Your grandfather, who you know was badly injured on the Stepstones, was overjoyed to hear about who you were to marry. All I can say is that if you're happy with him, then I'm happy too.

We miss your presence in Driftmark.

But I also have a piece of advice and a warning for you - my husband's brother, Vaemond Velaryon, may soon start try to get title of Lord of the Tides and Driftmark after Corlys. Your brother Lucerys' succession may be called into question in the coming months if my dear husband does not recover.

With Luke engaged to Rhaena, of course, which side I will take in any disputes is known.

We miss you,
Rhaenys.

Raella, reading the letter in her chamber, clutched it tightly with each sentence. Her grandfather had been seriously injured in the fight on the Stepstones, she knew that, but she didn't think Vaemond would immediately pounce on his legacy like a hyena. She didn't know much about him, except that he often accompanied and helped his brother.

It was also killing her how much she missed Driftmark. Until now, she had not realized that her grandmother and grandfather missed her just as much. She would so much like to visit them, but at the same time it was probably bordering on a miracle that the Queen would agree to it.

She quickly grabbed the inkwell and scribbled letters even faster.

Dear Granny,
I'm glad Corlys is happy about my engagement. I am indifferent to this at the moment.

Thank you for your letter. I would love to visit you in Driftmark myself, but I don't know if it would be possible according to my current situation.

My new home is the Red Keep. Here I await for my upcoming wedding with Prince Aemond.

Thanks also for the warning and advice. I will pass it on to my brother as well. I'm also overjoyed at my brothers' engagement to Baela and Rhaena.

Thank you for your letter, I hope you won't stop writing to me Grandma.

Also longing
Raella.

She quickly waxed the letter and went out into the corridor in search of a servant. All she found was Cristone Cole.
"Are you looking for someone, Princess?"
"Yes, someone who could deliver this letter to my grandmother, Princess Rhaenys Targaryen."
The knight looked at the letter in her hands for a moment and nodded.
"Your maids sent by the Queen should be arriving soon, you can give them a letter, Princess."
"Thank you Sir Criston Cole."

Raella returned to her chambers. In fact, she didn't know what to do with herself, so after a moment of aimless wandering around the chambers, she put on her cloak and left.

She was heading towards the Dragonpit. Just as she entered and headed for the pit of Aerrax she heard a soft voice behind her.
"So you're hanging out here?"
Raella grabbed the dagger in her pocket and drew it toward the voice coming from the darkness. She could only see the black outline of a figure, but it lifted its hands and stepped into the glow of light.

Aemond.

Raella narrowed her eyes, still not lowering the dagger.
"Do you follow lonely girls?"
Aemon snorted with laughter.
"Not all girls"
The princess rolled her eyes and put the dagger back in her pocket. Aemon shrugged.
"You're my fiancée, and mother said to apologize to you for... Dinner accident."
This time it was Raella who laughed as she walked towards Aerrax and, not caring if Aemond followed her, began to speak.
"Oh, so now I'm supposed to fall into your arms and forgive you for all the blame for the alleged accident?" She rolled her eyes again. "Wait, you haven't even apologized yet-"

She heard Aemond's footsteps catching up to her.
"Because I'm not going to apologize. Do you like rolling your eyes all the time?"
The girl ostentatiously did so, and Aemond responded with a short laugh. When she reached her dragon, she turned to her interlocutor .
"What about you? Do you want to help me climb on the dragon or what?"
Aemond stood frozen.
"What? No, of course not-" he sighed "I just thought we could fly over to Aerrax and Vhagar."

Raella feigned surprise.
"Wait, you are showing human emotions? And do you want to have any contact with me? I feel honored."
This time it was the Prince's turn to roll his eyes and stare at the wall behind Raella.
"You're my fiancée, it's my duty to protect you and take an interest in you at the same time.I'm not my brother."
Raella nodded wordlessly. She understood that, and she didn't see Aemond as his brother. That wasn't what she meant to say. But it's not her fault he interpreted it that way.
"Okay, jump on Vhagar then."

She was really beautiful. With flying hair on the dragon. Laughing as the wind tickled her skin harder. That was what the Prince was thinking as he watched his fiancée fly on Aerrax beside him. Vhagar flew calmly, matching the pace of the smaller dragon. Raella spoke to the dragon in soothing High Valyrian. He watched her, but he couldn't read the words coming out of her mouth. He already knew why she was called Beauty of Realms. Because she really was.

She felt his gaze and stuck her tongue out, accelerating Aerrax. Aemond shook his head and whispered to Vhagar:
"Adere" (Fast)
His dragon sped up and soon overtook Aerrax. Raella shouted something, but Aemond only laughed, recognizing it as curse words in High Valyrian.

After a while, Aerrax took the lead again. And then Raella shouted a command, knowing that her fiancé would have no problem with that obstacle, but at least it would slow him down.
"Dracarys Aerrax!"
Aemon laughed again. He flew straight into a harmless cloud of fire after a few seconds. Vhagar emerged from it easily. Then Aemond saw a dragon fly past Aerrax. He recognized this dragon.

Sunfyre.