𝓪𝓬𝓽 𝓷𝓲𝓷𝓮-𝓰𝓮𝓿𝓲𝓿𝓮𝓼

Raella had genuinely begun to hate Aemond. Earlier, there was a thread of understanding between them, but after the unlucky breakfast it broke. Aemond tried many times to talk to her, but as soon as she looked at him, he gave up the idea.

He wanted a quick death, not in the agony of his fiancée.

And Raella was finally able to climb Aerrax again. Two moons left until her name day, and she was slowly getting excited about it. She exchanged many letters with her mother and brother on this subject. All the major lords will be invited to the ceremony.

Even Lord Stark declared his presence. Raella slowly grew worried about this, so she flew the dragon on aimless journeys more and more. She was bored in the Red Keep, the library and the garden were the only places that really interested her there, but even these lost their luster over time.

One day, the princess, full of hope, asked the Queen if she could visit her grandmother in Driftmark for one day. She didn't know what to expect other than a no. And since she promised not to lean out, she didn't argue with Alicent's decision.

Later, she received a letter from her mother.

Beloved Raella,

Your twin brother Lucerys and I have planned a celebration of your name day. I'll tell you right now that it will be the best of your life.

Since you're getting married three moons after this event, we've decided that this will be the most polished name day ever.

It will last a week and will start with a tournament in King's Landing. Then in the evening there will be a feast during which we will award the winners. The next day there will be a hunt in the woods a few hours from the Red Keep.

Every lord will come to the name day celebration, even Lord Cregan Stark of the North.

For this occasion, you will wear an outfit inspired by mine from the day my dearest brother was born. We will arrive five days before the celebration starts.

Loving and longing,
Rhaenyra.

Her mother didn't reveal the whole plan, only the first two days. Raella was already terrified of the first two and didn't know what Rhaenyra and Luke had planned for the rest of the week.

The princess walked a lot and talked with Helaena. But mostly she sat in the library, garden or chamber. She was usually accompanied by Sir Criston Cole with whom she developed a friendship. She couldn't believe it herself, but since the night she took care of Haelena, the knight had gotten rid of any rude or surly behavior towards her.

Slowly she got used to living in the Red Keep, and she remembered the plan of palace. Therefore, when one day she was invited to a special meeting of the small council, she went there without any problems.

All Alicent's children were also invited. The King was there, and of course the Queen herself. Larys Strong who was strangely examining the princess, Lannister and all the members of the council.

Corlys' seat was left empty. And it will rather stay that way. This is where Princess Raella was sent due to her surname Velaryon. So she sat opposite the King himself.

"The queen has decided to create a wedding committee, whose meetings will be held every three days at the same time." The king spoke and then looked at his wife, giving her the leadership of the rest of the council.

"The committee includes Princess Raella and Prince Aemond, of course, my daughter Princess Helaena. Plus me, Lord Larys Strong and anyone who decides to come to one of the meetings. Princess Raella Velaryon's parents, Princess Rhaenyra and Prince Daemon are also on the committee, but due to their absence, we have not included them for now."