𝓪𝓬𝓽 𝓽𝔀𝓸-𝓯𝓸𝓻 𝓪 𝓬𝓵𝓸𝓼𝓮𝓭 𝓮𝔂𝓮

Raella selected a sword from the rack. The mannequin stood in the middle of the field, no one was around so the only thing that surrounded it was the ubiquitous silence. And Criston Cole.

The man watched the princess without a word, he didn't have to intervene yet as she was not hurt. Unless on her part. There was nothing the knight could do about it.

Valyrian steel clinked as the princess struck the wooden stick in the center of the mannequin. She tore it open and threw her sword furiously as she heard footsteps. She breathed slowly without turning from the mannequin when she heard and recognized who had come.

Rhaenyra and Daemon stood staring at her back.
"Kepa, Muna." (Father, mother)
"Aōha grēza iksis vaogenka." (your dress is dirty)
Her mother began softly, which only irritated Raella.
"Se skoros?" (and what?)
"Keligon Raella." (Stop Raella)
She snorted when her father spoke up.
"Ao keligon." (you guys stop)
"Raella, you know we didn't mean to hurt you" Rhaenyra smoothly transitioned to common tired "Bisa kessa gaomagon se lyks." (It will keep the peace)
Raella turned quickly, hearing the concerned notes in Rhaenyra's voice. She was angry, of course, but she didn't want war. She hated it and didn't want to live it, it was enough for her to read about it many times. And her mother said her marriage would keep peace. She raised an eyebrow.
"Iksis mirros pirta?" (Did something bad happened?)
Daemon snorted, and Raella walked over to the railing. She took her mother's hand and looked at her father as he began to speak.
"Ao gīmigon se kasta ȳdra daor hae īlva" (You know the greens don't like us) Daemon turned to see if anyone was listening, but only noticed Criston far away, by the door. "The greens are waiting for any chance to take over the iron throne. And your marriage could secure your mother's legacy while you're here, nothing will happen and they'll let their guard down."
Raella felt tears forming in her eyes.
"I have to stay here for three years?"
Daemon pulled her to hug her. He kissed the top of her head.
"Ao'll va moriot sagon iā zōbrie Targārien." (You will always be a black Targaryen) Daemon whispered so only his daughter could hear him "We will send ravens and come to the celebrations."

Rachel squeezed her eyes shut. She had to do it. She had to grit her teeth and survive here, marry Prince Aemond and survive with the greens. And she had to be vigilant the whole time, she had to make sure that no one would take her mother's throne.

She opened her eyes and saw her mother who gripped the Daemon's arm looking at her. He has to do it for her and Daemon and Luke and Jace and everyone else. So that they don't have to suffer. So that they don't have to suffer the war.

She will stay here for the rest of her life, she will wait a year until the day of the ceremony and when she finally dies she will die thinking that she saved them all from the war.

Beauty will not know sweet honey.

A new prophecy. Raella had never heard that voice. But she remembered those words for the rest of her life. She would do her duty to her mother, and when Rhaenyra sat on the iron throne, she would step aside and perhaps find happiness. Alongside Prince Aemond Targaryen. That was the only problem. But she could do it. She would and will do anything for her family, including marrying a prince.

Beauty will not know sweet honey.

Raella sighed tighter as she snuggled into Daemon as cold shivers of concern ran down her spine that she herself did not know.

Raella, after her parents left to find her brothers and calm them down, she went to the Dragonpit.

She didn't like the fact that dragons were kept on a leash. Caged, but she didn't want the greens to get suspicious or worse, plot against her because she would leave her dragon free.

Aerrax wasn't the biggest dragon, he was rather normal in size, although he was bigger than the princess's twin dragon, he was no match for Vhagar. Its scales shimmered red in the sun with light gold and black flashes, but at night the dragon looked as if its scales shimmered blue and garnet. Right now Raella was admiring them as she petted the dragon and murmured reassuringly to it in High Valyrian.

She loved her dragon, he was like a friend, family to her. She loved to lie next to him in the grass, staring at the sun or the stars, talking to him, although only one-sidedly, she didn't mind and told Aerrax what had happened.

Her heart bled at the sight of the collar around the dragon's neck, and it hurt even more that he would probably stay here for the rest of his life. She would let him go free sometimes, the princess promised herself in her mind.

It was then that she heard the voices of those working at the Dragonpit. They welcomed someone with a high title. She hid behind the wall from her dragon and peeped from behind it. She hoped her dragon wouldn't betray her, but Aerrax sat calmly and stared straight ahead at the one who had entered. His back was to her, but she could clearly see the color of his hair.

Unlike her, brown. The color of her brothers' hair. She stepped out from behind the wall and took a few steps. Halfway up, the figure turned around. Jace smiled slightly at her.

"I was looking for you" he sighed. "Mother and father found you? They talked to us about what happened at the small council meeting."
"About my engagement to Aemond, be honest." Raella sighed as her brother did before. "Against my will. I've talked to them and I will. I'm going to marry Aemond. They say it's the only thing that will keep the peace." Jace raised an eyebrow. The princess shrugged. "I've accepted it, and I advise you to do the same, Jace. That will be better."

Jace nodded. And then he went over to his sister and scooped her up in an embrace. This was the second time someone was hugging Raella. She appreciated that the prince understood her decision, and would try to accept that as well. Now only Luke is left.

The problem wasn't that Raella was going to marry someone she didn't know. He just didn't want to lose his sister, preferring him and her to stay together forever on Dragonstone. He didn't want to lose her. They had always been together, even in the womb, and he thought it should stay that way. And now he heard that his sister was moving to King's Landing and he would see her every few moons, if not just on name day. He was angry. And sad, very sad.

That's why Raella, after saying goodbye to Jace and Aerrax, climbed up to the tower where her twin brother Luke had his chambers. She knocked and immediately heard a quick command to enter. She turned the handle and entered the room with a polite smile. Luke was sitting by the fireplace. When he saw his twin, his eyes lit up, but he quickly remembered his sadness and lowered his head.

Raella walked over to the chair across from him and pulled it out to sit beside her brother. She grabbed his hand and then he looked at her.
"I know you're sad and angry," she began, looking at her brother's hand and rubbing it with her thumb. "I know why. But I'm not leaving you forever. We'll see each other. You'll come to my wedding." She squeezed his hand. "We'll fly together again."

Luke smiled shyly and squeezed his sister's hand as well.
"It's family dinner tonight, shouldn't you be getting up?"
"Actually, I should, but I figured it'd be better if I talked to you first."
Luke nodded and released his sister's hand.
"Go on, our mother better not be nervous anymore."
She nodded at him and left. The princess hoped she had reassured her brother. She didn't know what was waiting for her at the family dinner yet.

Author note:
Thank you so much for your votes and support for Love of dragons!!! There will be a lot going on in the next chapters. You can write your theories and impressions after these first chapters here <3 To the next!