– My name is Dutch van der Linde, – the man said, leaning on his elbows. – Just in case, these are Hosea Matthews, Susan Grimshaw, Arthur Morgan and John Marston.

– The last one, it seems, has already been lost in this shitty town, – muttered Arthur, who had managed to get dirty in the blood of a deer.

– He'll be back soon, – Susan said, waving her hand, and put her hand on Dutch's shoulder, who immediately threw her off casually. – The boy can handle everything.

– Hosea wants you to join our gang, – the man said.

– Gang? – I asked, frowning.

– We're outlaws, – he explained, grinning.

– Outlaws? – I said, hardly realizing what was happening.

– Did you accidentally hit your head on the ice there? – Arthur said with a grin, wiping the blood from his hands.

– Are you some kind of criminals? – I frowned even harder, looking around at everyone.

– We're not criminals, Joanna, – Dutch moved closer. – We are outlaws. We are free and independent, and we are changing this cruel world. We rob the rich and help the poor, the way we once were. And since you're here and in no hurry, you have nothing to lose.

– So are you something like Robin Hood? – I asked cautiously after a short silence.

– Even better, – said Arthur smiling, and everyone laughed softly in response.

I thoughtfully ran my eyes over each one again. They were waiting for my answer. Being an outlaw? A bandit?

– But what can I do? – I said, looking down at my hands. – I'm only fifteen, and I don't know much, and I need to be useful in a gang.

– Don't worry, – Hosea squeezed my shoulder approvingly. – We'll teach you everything. Arthur was fourteen when we found him, and John was twelve.

The latter seemed to feel that we were talking about him. Out of breath, he jumped off his horse, adjusting his hat.

– How's the situation? – Dutch asked, straightening up.

– Tense, – John's eyes seemed to be trying to get into my head, and in his hand he held a folded piece of paper, which he handed to Morgan.

– Damn! – Arthur laughed with an impression and, showing us, as it turned out, a poster, poked my painted face with his finger. — Yes, you're definitely an outlaw now, girl!

– What?! – I jumped to my feet and grabbed the sheet.

"WANTED for ATTEMPTED MURDER and CAUSING PHYSICAL HARM.
THE REWARD IS $70.
JOANNA STARR.
Attacked her own family. Unwell.
It is necessary to detain ALIVE. She was last seen in the territory of "...".
To receive the award, contact Mr. SMITH AT the SHERIFF'S STATION"

– What the hell...? – I whispered, reading the words on the yellowish paper. – Unwell?

– Tell me what happened, – I met John's searching gaze.

– You already know, – I realized it right away.

– I know, – the young man nodded, propping a tree with his shoulder. – But I'm interested in your version.

I took a quick look at everyone. Curiosity changed their faces. They can't blame me, right? Exhaling noisily through my nose, covered my face with hands. Shook my head and hugged myself by the shoulders. The looks around were too penetrating. It was like they wanted to gut me from the inside out. As if they were wondering how much I looked like them.