The One with the Spa Day

The scent of the oils lingered in the room even after the facial had ended. My face felt smooth to the touch, and the masseuse entered the room. She introduced herself as Isobel and asked me to lay on the table under the cloth while she finished preparing. 

When the woman came back in, the lights were dim, and she started some light instrumental music played over a speaker in a corner. 

"What pressure do you prefer?" The woman asked as she gathered items into a dish. 

"Well, I have never had a massage before, but there's this thing in my neck, and shoulders, and... well... let's try deep pressure."

Isobel chuckled. "Just let me know if you need more or less pressure as we go, okay?"

"Sounds good."

She pulled the cloth down to my waist and she started to move her hands along my back, feeling out the muscles and bone. 

"I can feel the tension in here. You are carrying quite a bit, aren't you?"

"And here I thought I had found a good release for all that tension."

Isobel dug into my back and I groaned. I couldn't believe how something could hurt and yet feel so good. My muscles relinquished under her hands as she worked out knot after knot through my neck, back, down my legs. 

I hadn't even realized I had fallen asleep until she asked me to turn onto my back part-way through. I turned over and she continued to massage my neck and arms. 

"I heard congratulations were in order?" She asked as she massaged out my upper arm. "You are to be joined this evening?"

"I am. It hasn't exactly been the most straightforward union so far, and will be even less so moving forward, I think." I hoped that she wasn't wanting to pry too much. If Isobel was hoping to get rid of all the tension, she wouldn't want that either. 

"Well I wish nothing but the best to you and yours."

I smiled, "thank you."

Isobel began to murmur under her breath as she marked symbols on the top of my head, forehead, throat, working her way down. I could feel the familiar tingling feeling of magic flowing through my body. As she worked her way down it was as if weight was being pulled from my body. Little by little I felt lighter. 

She placed the palms of her hands on the bottom of my feet and it was as if I were standing on sun-soaked grass as the warmth spread across my feet before moving through me as if it were clearing out whatever was left behind from what Isobel had just done. 

Tears started to slip out of the corners of my eyes. 

"Blessed be," Isobel said quietly. 

I wiped the tears from my eyes. "What was that?"

"I am a healing witch. I aligned out chakras and cleared your body both physically and metaphysically. It can have a strong effect on people sometimes."

"You can say that again." I took in a deep breath and let it out slowly. 

"I will let you get changed. I will be back in a few moments with a bottle of water. Would you like champagne as well?"

"Sure, that would be great, thank you."

"Certainly." Isobel nodded once and then left, shutting the door quietly behind her. 

I got up off the table and put my robe back on. I pulled my hair back and tied it with a hair tie around my wrist. 

There was a light knock on the door after a few minutes and Isobel entered with the water and champagne.