The One With the Surprise!

I woke to fingers lightly brushing against my forehead, moving hair out of my face. My eyes slowly blinked open, looking straight into Neal's. 

The corner of his mouth pulled up into a lazy smile and I threw a leg up and over his hip. I was slightly disappointed to find he was fully dressed, but I gave him my own lazy smile.

"I have meetings all day today. I am actually running late for one now, but I wanted to make sure I got to say 'good morning,' so good morning, Cynthia." He cupped my cheek and leaned in, giving me a soft kiss. 

"Good morning, Neal," I said when he pulled back. I traced my thumb along his lips. 

He kissed the pad of my thumb. "I hope you don't mind, but I did make plans for you as well. Well, I made them for you, Abigail, and your mother."

I raised my brows at him and tilted my head as much as I could with the pillows in the way. "What sort of plans?"

"I wanted you three to have a chance to be together before everything changes for you. Before everything changes for us all. I want you to be able to take your mind off the Merge and Ophelia and their pack. I booked you all into an all-day spa."

My jaw dropped and I pulled him in and gave him a hard kiss. "I love you," I said and bit my bottom lip. 

Neal smiled, "I love you too." 

He gave me one more soft kiss before he sighed. "I really am late for my first meeting this morning, so I need to go. The car will be here with Abbi and your mother in a few minutes. It will take you to the spa. It is a place my family has gone for generations. Please tell them both that I say 'hello,' will you? And please relax and enjoy the day."

I nodded and smiled. "I will."

Neal tapped my nose with the tip of his finger and then he got up and out of bed. 

"You have a good day too." I watched him as he walked away. 

"I am hoping that is the case." Neal didn't turn to look at me and his response had felt strained. 

I felt a small pull in my stomach, but I tried to push it away. There was nothing going on. He just had a lot going on. Lots of things to plan and keep in order. That was it. There was nothing I needed to worry about. 

I got up and got dressed, throwing on a pair of yoga pants and a tank top. From the sounds of the spa, I wouldn't be staying in what I arrived in long anyway. 

I had just gotten dressed when the car pulled up. It was a limo, and the driver came to get me. When I got into the back, my mom and Abbi were already waiting, just like Neal said they would be. 

There was Champagne and orange juice sitting on one side of the car. Abbi, of course, was already popping a bottle open and pouring out glasses of mimosas. My mother was laughing quietly. 

That was better than I had expected given the family that owned the limo we were sitting in.

"Mama L, you want a mimosa?" Abbi handed the first one over to me and I took it carefully shaking my head and smiling at my friend. 

"Oh why not, might as well."

"That's the spirit!" Abbi shouted. 

I laughed and sat back as the car pulled away. 

We sipped our drinks and laughed and giggled. I was already feeling more relaxed than I had in months, maybe even longer. 

The drive was about a half hour, but Abbi managed to fill it with all of the gossip from our classmates that I had missed drowning in all of my own personal drama. All the way from who was cheating on who to who ended up finding their mates, and all the dramatic breakups. I was grateful for the seemingly endless supply of mimosas.