Chapter 30: Return

Start from the beginning

He shock his head, it wasnt that great. It was just a thrill and he liked watching kyungsoo- he liked feeling like they were on the same level. He liked knowing that the omega could handle himself and if it came down to it had his back. Or did he?

Hand brushing through his hair, jongin turned away from the window. He flopped back to the bed suddenly exhausted afterall.

He didnt know what exactly what was the reason he just knew he enjoyed seeing him.

-

" hey hey " a girl peaked up besides jongin in the library and he turned to her with a frown
" haven't seen each other for a while, what're readin' "

He only looked at her at first before back onto the Gap between the books on the shelves, giving away a view on kyungsoo sorting his history books out.
" mh?" She asked again and his eyes dropped to the book he'd been holding, opened somewhere in the middle, pretentiously.
" just something random, what do you want?" He closed it and put it back annoyed.

She pressed her lips together lifting the book she'd been holding up to him firther to his eye level " you were right.. the romance is boring and cliché.. and I wasted my time"
Jongin took a moment to look at the title of the book but only frowned irritated.
" I'm sorry you're name again?" He squinted and she gaped at him offended while he turned back to glance through the gaps of the books on the shelves.

" Yuna? We've talked.. several times here ? You complained about having to watch your out of control omega ? I complained about my brother's being immature ?"

" oh.." he looked away from kyungsoo and back at her, frown faded as he glanced over her short and bright bleached hair " right.. you changed hairstyles"

She smiled twirling a hair strand " Yup.. " her finger pointed at him in disbelief" that's why you didn't recognize me? Really?"

He didnt answer but instead only looked more pver her. There was something else different about her, somehow he couldnt see and didnt really bother to ask for. Not that he really coul when she asked
" you have any book recommendations?"

He shock his head " no.. not really " his eyes moved bsck to the gap to see the omega having closed a book rather gently but his deadly blank expression and the sound of his heartbeat having spiked momentarily showed that the boy much rather wouldve liked to stab and then burn it.
Jongin smirked at the thought and the omega closed his eyes clenching his jaw before turning to the next book as his heartbeat calmed.

" I thought you liked books ?" She titled her head but he just shrugg his shoulder with a sigh.
" yeah but I don't like discussing anything I read with anyone.. it's sort of a I dont care about your opinion kind of thing."

" yet you discussed this with me ?" She pointed at the book and he finally glanced back to her to shake his head with a little huff.
" are you asking for horrible books or good ones because feel free to look at my list of diappointments "

She laughed at him and someone hushed her as they passed by, making her cover her mouth and jongin saw kyungsoo turn their way momentarily before continuing to stack his books angrily but quietly.

" listen, I heard your joining the art club soon, I'm actually building this little treehouse for one of the schools partnerships, I could use a bit of help and was wondering if youd like to help out ? You'd have a great picture of your first artwork submission aswell ? And we could grab some icecream afterward ?"

He thought for a moment, not long enough to make her anxious but long enough to make her stand on her tippy toes and lift her eyebrows pleadingly. He smiled faintly before nodding with a shrugg " yeah sure, when ?"