Chapter Eleven: New Friend, and Perhaps a Small Crush?

Start from the beginning

So-young sighed in frustration and walked to the food court, with Minhyeok still following her. "It's for snacks for my lunch I bring to school sometimes." She answered as she walked to the coffee shop. "Is it because you're eating them and then vomit afterwards, right?" So-young stopped in her tracks and dropped her bag of cookies. She walked closer to Minhyeok with a look of fear. "What did you just say? H-How the hell did you-"

"I saw short films about eating disorders, and was extremely worried. I'm very worried about you, So-young. I really am. I don't want you to get hurt." Minhyeok cuts her off and gives her a concerned look on his face. So-young looks at him and slowly walks closer to him, making Minhyeok walk backwards to a wall. "You speak of this to anyone, I will kill you in your sleep personally. Got it?" So-young demanded with a cold, but deadly tone in her voice. Minhyeok quickly nods his head. "Good." So-young grabs the bag of cookies from the floor and walks to the coffee shop.

Minhyeok quickly follows So-young and stands near the entrance to wait for her to finish shopping. Even though she doesn't like me, she can be a very huge softie on the inside, and she doesn't even know. But I really like her. Minhyeok thought to himself with a dreamy look on his face.

Approximately 5 minutes later, So-young walked out of the coffee shop with two cups of iced coffee. She noticed Minhyeok zoning off with a dreamy look on his face. "Minhyeok." Minhyeok continued to zone off, but didn't listen to So-young's response. "Minhyeok!!" So-young slapped him on the cheek, making him stop zoning out. "Huh? What?" He continued to look around in confusion, while So-young gave him a blank stare. "You were thinking about something. What are you thinking about?" So-young insisted as she walked closer to Minhyeok, as he walked backwards to a wall.

"W-What are you talking about? I didn't think about you." Minhyeok stammered, as his cheeks began to warm up. So-young raised her eyebrow and smirked. "I didn't say anything about me, did I?" Minhyeok's cheeks immediately went full on tomato as he blushed due to embarrassment, and having small feelings for So-young. "Here's your coffee. I didn't know what you wanted, but I got you the same thing I did."  She hands him the iced coffee. "T-Thanks." Minhyeok holds the coffee and slowly drinks it. So-young covers her mouth and tries not to giggle, due to Minhyeok's face after he had his first sip at the iced coffee. Minhyeok looks at So-young with a small smile on his face.

"You know, I think you look very cute when you laugh."

So-young's smile turns into a frown and turns away from Minhyeok. "D-Don't say that. That's not true." She stammered as she walked out of the mall. "It is true. I think so. Even if you don't notice..." Minhyeok mumbles under his breath. "It's not that. It's.. someone said the exact same thing, but she died."

So-young turned back to Minhyeok. "I loved her as much as I loved myself. And she died due to idiots being rude to her. I don't know what to do. It's so hard loving someone, and it turns upside down in a heartbeat." Her voice starts to become shaky, and she is trying not to cry in front of him. Minhyeok looks at her with a sympathetic glance and walks to her. "Wh-what are you doing?" So-young asked while she slowly walked backwards. Minhyeok raises his arms out to know that he's trying to give So-young something. "Giving you a hug."

So-young raises her eyebrow. "Why?" "Because I care about you. And it seems like you need it." Minhyeok answered back, but with the same sympathetic glance on his face. So-young looked at him in disbelief and shock. He... wanted to comfort me? I don't understand. Maybe he wanted to help me..? Or something. Idk what to do... Screw it. He's right. I need someone to hug and let my emotions out to him.

So-young slowly walks to Minhyeok and hugs him tightly. "It's ok. Let it all out. I'm right here." So-young immediately broke down into tears while Minhyeok rubs her back in comfort. "Don't worry. Everything's gonna be alright. I promise." So-young continued to grip onto his jacket while she sobs, not caring that she ruined Minhyeok's clothes.

After about 20 minutes of comforting her, So-young sat down on the floor and drank her iced coffee as she slowly calmed down. Minhyeok sat down next to her in silence. They didn't have anything else to say for a while.

So-young looks at the clock on her phone to check what time it is. Her eyes widened as she quickly got up from the floor and grabbed her bag of cookies. "I gotta go. I don't want to be late for dinner." So-young exclaimed as she ran towards the exit. Just about she was going to reach the door... "By the way, good luck with the auditions for tomorrow!" Minhyeok shouted as So-young stopped in her tracks. She quickly turned around with a small smile and shouted back at him, "I will! Thanks! Good luck with yours as well!" Minhyeok's face went back to a very dark red.

So-young then walked out the mall to head back home. Minhyeok's eyes are stuck to the door where So-young exited from.

. . .

 . . .

. . .

I... think I'm in love with Bae So-young...wait what? I'm in LOVE with the Bae So-young??!!

wait what? I'm in LOVE with the Bae So-young??!!