Chapter 9

Sam's POV

I made it though a full work week of being Ms.Romano's assistant and I'm exhausted but I just have to make it though today and I have the whole weekend off. I must say though working as her assistant has been odd. After that first day she insists on bringing me a homemade lunch which isn't that weird but she has been very adamant on feeding me whether I want to or not.

I finally get up from my bed to get ready. I do my normal routine of brushing my teeth and hair and putting on my slightly wrinkled clothes. I don't have enough time to eat breakfast so I say bye to Fred and leave to start my walk to work. Ms.Ramano offered to drive me to work but I lied saying that I have a ride already so she wouldn't pick me up. If it one thing I've learned about Ms.Ramano is that she doesn't like hearing the word no.

Walking into the building I say hi to my favorite receptionist who's name I just learned was Pauline. She stands up to give me a hug which she does everyday and wishes me luck. Before going up to the top level I grab Ms.Ramanos coffee at the cafe while I try to avoid Ms.Lock the best I can.

"Hey there" I hear a familiar voice from behind me. Mission failed. When I don't turn around she moves to be in front of me and I see those piercing green eyes staring into mine.

"So I was wondering, if you'll go out with me tonight?" Ms.Lock asks but it's more like a demand. That one thing she has in common with Ms.Ramano is she never asks.

"She's busy" I hear from behind me again. Looking back I see those familiar pitch black eyes but this time they aren't looking at me but at Ms.Lock. Her eyes don't look the same they usually do. They look cold, distant, and angry but they slightly soften when she looks at me.

"How about we let her answer." Ms.Lock says looking at me. My eyes dart frantically between the two women as I start to feel sick. I'm so bad at decisions that I can literally make myself sick at the thought. I simply shrugs nervously and feel Ms.Ramano tug me into her sensing my distress.

"As I said she's busy." She says as she grabs her coffee off the counter while keeping a firm grip on me. Ms.Ramano doesn't say anything as she leads me to the elevator by putting her hand on the small of my back. I don't even have to look at her to know she's pissed. The way up the elevator was probably a minute but felt like hours. I didn't even bother look up or even trying to explain myself. She told me not to talk with Ms.Lock and what was I doing. Well I wasn't technically talking just listening but she'll still probably kill me. Once the elevator opens up she quickly leads me to her office and closes the door.

She doesn't say anything instead she goes to sit down in her chair. I haven't moved from my spot as I stare at my feet to nervous to look at her.

"Sammy, come here" she says with a sigh. I hesitantly walk over to the side of her desk as she grabs my hands. I feel her rub them back and forth with her thumbs as I continue to look down. "I'm not mad Sammy. Well not at you" she whispers that last part but I still heard it. I wonder why she doesn't want me talking to Ms.Lock and why she's mad at her. She stands up towering over me giving me the perfect view of her breast. She leans in and delicately kisses my forehead and cups my cheeks. The blush that came onto my face was not a cute little pink it was a hot red that attacked my cheeks.

"Did you eat breakfast?" I nod my head. She asks me this question every morning.

"Today?" I shake my head looking back down at my feet knowing I've been caught. I hear a light chuckle coming from her as she rubs my cheeks with her thumbs.

"What am I going to do with you." I finally look up and her black eyes connect with my blue ones. We stare at each other for a couple more seconds before I back away starting to feel nervous under her stare.