⌗ 𓂃 𖥔༌ ᰷ ﹅chapter 11﹅ ᰷ 𖥔༌ 𓂃⌗

Começar do início

"you still didn't have to abuse us." I didn't look at him as I spoke. dad sighed and I froze as I realised I crossed the boundary.

"I know." dad's reply caught me off guard. "I know. god, I hate myself. I'm so sorry, y/n. I'm trying. I really am. to right what I did. but... I know, it won't change how you see me but... god, I don't lnow. I threw all my beer out."

I slowly placed my spoon down and turned to dad.

"you really hurt us. not just physically but mentally. and I want— no, I need you to apologise to the kids too. and stop treating them as if they're still 2. it will take time for us to see you differently but... I don't see why we won't change our view. thank you. for being nicer." my voice thickened with tears as I spoke.

"thank you for giving me a second chance." dad looked at me with sorrow and guilt. "I love you. and the kids. I just didn't know how to handle you. my father was the same to me, I don't know any different."

"I know, dad." the doorbell rang. "i'll get it, it's probably the detectives."

I opened the door to the two men, both looking very on edge.

"detectives. please, come in." I gestured for them to come inside.

"miss blake, mr blake. is gwen home?" detective wright spoke.

"no, she's at school." I responded, confused.

"well, we're gonna need her."

***

gwen sat between the two detectives on our threadbare couch as dad and I stood beside each other, watching nervously. her eyes were shut tight as she tried to search. she was searching for finney. or any clue of where he could be.

the most horrible thoughts filled my mind. finney being lost in the middle of the woods; finney being hurt and bleeding out in some creep's bedroom; finney crying his eyes out in some basement.

gwen's movement caught my eye. she shook her head slowly.

"he's... alone. I can't see very well." she opened her eyes sadly. dad and I sighed. "I'm sorry."

"no, gwen. you did great." I smiled at her, the men in the room nodding. she smiled sadly a little before hopping off of the sofa and heading to her room.

detective wright sighed.

"well, this confirms one thing. the other two boys are dead." he said. detective miller shook his head with pursed lips.

"w-will finney be ok?" dad asked.

"well, we can't say for sure. but, if any other boys go missing at the hands of this guy, we'll have no choice but to assume he's been killed. I'm sorry." I let out a shaky breath at wright's words. my head felt light and my knees felt weak. the ground swayed beneath me slightly. "miss blake, are you ok?"

"yeah... just a bit tired." I placed a hand on my forehead.

"here, come sit down." dad took me by the arm and lead me to the nearby armchair. he sat me down and rushed off to get me a glass of water.

"miss blake, we're doing everything we can to find your brother. we feel we are very close." detective miller assured me.

"thank you, I just worry. anything could've happened in the past three days. I just... I need him to be ok." my voice broke on the last sentence as I took the cold glass from my worried dad's hand.